Tua vs Mac vs Wilson

WizeGuy

Who will turn out to be the best QB of the bunch?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will turn out to be the best QB of the bunch?

• Tua
    • Mac
    • Wilson

19 hours ago, NJC33 said:

How overrated is arm talent in today's NFL?

More of an observation, but the best QBs all seem to have the best arms - Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers.. even going down the list, aside from Brady, QB rankings are oddly aligned with arm talent at the moment.

It’s important but not even close to the most important factor. When Allen wasn’t good, his arm was still one of the best in the league. That isn’t what made the difference or jump for him. Mahomes has a really good arm, but his mobility and ability to read has been far more important. Rodgers is the only one I think is primarily arm talent imo 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

It’s important but not even close to the most important factor. When Allen wasn’t good, his arm was still one of the best in the league. That isn’t what made the difference or jump for him. Mahomes has a really good arm, but his mobility and ability to read has been far more important. Rodgers is the only one I think is primarily arm talent imo 

The one with the lowest INT% in NFL history is the one mostly relying on arm talent?

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

In terms of reaching that top tier?

Obviously arm talent doesn’t equate to anything on its own. What’s interesting though, currently, all the top QBs have those elite physical traits. There’s no one in that upper echelon who fits a Brees, Brady or Manning profile.

Arm talent does matter, people can act like it doesn't but the top tier QBs who can carry teams have elite arms.  It isn't everything, but it does mean something. 

I am excited to finally see Wilson in year 2. Should see improvements, especially with a Jets offense that is much more talented than any offense we had since 2015 when we had Marshall and Decker at WR. 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:51 AM, biggie. said:

"Arm talent" has replaced "analytics" as the single most annoying and overused buzzword. JaMarcusRussell had "arm talent". Ryan Leaf had "arm talent".

Say what you want about Mac, but he's at least been to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl FWIW. All Wilson has done isnstink up the joint like any other Jets quarterback post-Namath and get hurt. He has done literally next to nothing.

Anyone who says they'd rather have Wilson over Mac or even TT is nuts.

I see what you're saying. There's a whole lot more involved in QB play than just arm talent. I just think Wilson would be the best of the bunch if he hit on his potential, but I also think he's far more likely to bust.

I actually voted for Tua (before his game Sunday) in the poll because I think he'll become the best of three partially because he fits in McDaniel's system so well & has the best personnel around him (Hill + Waddle is an insane 1/2 WR). 

Being a great QB is a mixture of "arm talent", intelligence, leadership, etc. Mahomes and Allen aren't where they are just because of their physical capabilities.

If a QB has no arm talent but all the intelligence and leadership, then he's a future coach and won't be a player for long. At the end of the day you do need to throw the ball.

However, if you're all arm talent but have the intelligence of a rock and the maturity of a 5 year old, then you're JaMarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Here we go with this BS again.

At least we have a functional QB, something the Jets haven't had since the Carter administration.

🤣

the Jets fan all of a sudden loves arm talent. Their best QB since Namath was noodle armed Pennington. I’d wager this guy liked “intelligence” over arm talent 15 years ago 

15 hours ago, NJC33 said:

What’s interesting though, currently, all the top QBs have those elite physical traits. There’s no one in that upper echelon who fits a Brees, Brady or Manning profile.

You can’t think of one QB in the top ten that fits the Brady profile? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

🤣

the Jets fan all of a sudden loves arm talent. Their best QB since Namath was noodle armed Pennington. I’d wager this guy liked “intelligence” over arm talent 15 years ago 

Negative, you must not know Jets fans. We were whining about Pennington having a noodle arm to the point we let him go for Favre. Pennington often hang throws and felt like against good defenses we couldn't do anything. 

Arm talent is important, there is a reason why the elite QBs have elite arm talents.  No one said its the only thing that matters. 

46 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Before this season I would’ve said Mac>Tua but now I think Tua has elevated to the higher level. I’m still not all in on Tua until he proves he can survive NFL hits but he’s playing really well.

Wilson is nowhere near either of them imo.

To be fair, no one has even seen Wilson yet this season. People just saw Wilson when he had the majority of his team on IR throwing to 4th-5th string WRs with a backup OL and the worst defense in the league.