shouldn't there be a Brett Favre thread?

James Lofton

On 9/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, StatKing said:

The most surprising thing about this all is that Brett Favre was actually smart enough to pull this kinda thing off. The man has like 4 brain cells left.

I always thought the country bumpkin was more of an act. He might not be the smartest, but I don't think the guy was an idiot. 

14 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Really Norm?....Property values in poor areas overlooking an ugly river would not be good, and whose to say a local contractor didn't build it for a song?....

I don't think property values affect building homes like that but I guess you covered that with "some local" doing it for some steep discount for some guy worth 100+ mil for 'reasons.'

On 9/16/2022 at 9:57 AM, Old Guy said:

If you are expecting them to one day solve hunger or help the world achieve world peace, you are going to be disappointed, every time. None of these guys are rocket scientists. Most are average intelligence, maybe slightly below. They've been coddled and given everything their whole lives because of their athletic ability. Why do you expect them to not keep taking when they can, moral or not. 

Well, it seems like you're describing yourself.  No?!?

For instance, it's estimated Rodgers has given $15M to $30M to charity. I'm sure you've done the same, right?

On 9/16/2022 at 12:10 AM, Outpost31 said:

Lol. All you ******* are going to be posting in the Rodgers version of this thread 10 years from now acting like you never worshipped him.

Who's worshipped him?

I understand your jealousy has manifested into hate for Rodgers. For those of us happy with our lives and who actually get it, we enjoy watching one of the greatest QBs ever to play football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

Who's worshipped him?

I understand your jealousy has manifested into hate for Rodgers. For those of us happy with our lives and who actually get it, we enjoy watching one of the greatest QBs ever to play football. 

Jealousy? Lol, bro… If you’re gonna insult me, there are 10,000 legit and true ways to insult me.

How do you even quantify jealousy as a reason why I dislike Rodgers?

Yeah, I’m jealous of Rodgers and his money, but I’m also jealous of literally every other NFL player and their money.

Like WTF do you even think with a comment like that?

I’m more jealous of Charles Woodson and Jaire Alexander. If I could pick any position, I’d pick safety or corner.

So I’m about 1,000 times more jealous of those two and those are probably 2 of my top 10 players ever, so your jealousy comment is ultra dumb. Not extra dumb, ultra dumb.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jealousy? Lol, bro… If you’re gonna insult me, there are 10,000 legit and true ways to insult me.

Yeah, I’m jealous of Rodgers and his money, but I’m also jealous of literally every other NFL player and their money.

I’m more jealous of Charles Woodson and Jaire Alexander. If I could pick any position, I’d pick safety or corner.

So I’m about 1,000 times more jealous of those two and those are probably 2 of my top 10 players ever, so your jealousy comment is ultra dumb. Not extra dumb, ultra dumb.

He's going to report you for this, in two months. 

• Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 7:15 PM, Donzo said:

Well, it seems like you're describing yourself.  No?!?

For instance, it's estimated Rodgers has given $15M to $30M to charity. I'm sure you've done the same, right?

Man, this is like determining the currency value between Schrutte bucks and Stanley nickles.

This is a better way of phrasing what you are getting at....

Spotrac has his NFL earning above $300 Million dollars.  305 plus, to be exact.

Let's not even think about endorsement money he's gotten for playing football.  He's at about 10% given back to charity.

Add in endorsement money?  It goes even lower.

So...if you were given $300M, would you give $30M to charity?  Over the timespan of 18 years?  I mean, it is all relative.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Man, this is like determining the currency value between Schrutte bucks and Stanley nickles.

This is a better way of phrasing what you are getting at....

Spotrac has his NFL earning above $300 Million dollars.  305 plus, to be exact.

Let's not even think about endorsement money he's gotten for playing football.  He's at about 10% given back to charity.

Add in endorsement money?  It goes even lower.

So...if you were given $300M, would you give $30M to charity?  Over the timespan of 18 years?  I mean, it is all relative.  

The reason most wealthy people give tax deductible charitable donations is because they are TAX DEDUCTIBLE. 

Then they can toot their horn about how charitable they are. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, R T said:

The reason most wealthy people give tax deductible charitable donations is because they are TAX DEDUCTIBLE. 

Then they can toot their horn about how charitable they are. 

Kindda works that way for our family, too.  Tax deductible.  I'll bet our percentage of incomes versus charitable donations isn't that far off from Rodgers over the years.  He just makes a whooooooooolllllllllleeeeee lot more than we do in my family!

On 10/1/2022 at 11:27 PM, Outpost31 said:

I'd probably choose to be Justin Tucker. Everyone recognizes me as GOAT, make millions, can play as long as I want and no long term health issues.

Edited by incognito_man