shouldn't there be a Brett Favre thread?

James Lofton

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. All you ******* are going to be posting in the Rodgers version of this thread 10 years from now acting like you never worshipped him.

They say never meet your heroes and all that but this is a pretty grimey example that likely deserves criminal charges even if he beats the case. For all I know AR could end up being OJ, but I don’t see him engaging in this type of scheme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. All you ******* are going to be posting in the Rodgers version of this thread 10 years from now acting like you never worshipped him.

Let's not compare the two in this regard. Rodgers may not have the best grasp of science but he's done nothing like Brent and actually gives away some of his wealth

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I said this in another thread and some guy basically told me Aaron was Jesus Christ. 

Rodgers probably going to sell nuclear secrets one day, but as long as he doesn't you to the vikings first....

Personally, I find this comparison of Rodgers and Favre to be rather disgusting.  (it takes a lot for me to be disgusted in this forum)  Over the years, BF has done numerous things that have been questionable at best and this last "item" really takes the cake.  Rodgers is a different cat for sure in a number of ways but has hurt nobody but himself with his actions.  Not the case with Favre; even more of a dirt bag than I thought.  If you have a problem with Rodgers any his play .. no problem but it shouldn't come into the thought process whether or not they are the same type human being.

• Like 2

I'm a Favre football fan, always will be.

And even given that, every time he opens his mouth on television/radio/newspaper, I cringe.

Like Brett just needs to keep riding that John Deere tractor and that is about it.

I don't know a lot about his current situation, other than headlines.  But I will say this....  He was a great football player.  When it comes to being a business man or philanthropist?  Yah, no.  

Again, stay on the tractor, Brett.

Cheer for the Green Bay Packers. Like the individual football accomplishments. If you are expecting them to one day solve hunger or help the world achieve world peace, you are going to be disappointed, every time.

None of these guys are rocket scientists. Most are average intelligence, maybe slightly below. They've been coddled and given everything their whole lives because of their athletic ability. Why do you expect them to not keep taking when they can, moral or not. 

Comparing Favre to Rodgers is doing a HUGE disservice to Rodgers. Rodgers may be a walking cognitive bias but he is by all accounts not really a bad guy. Favre is a bad guy and frankly he should be shunned from the Packers at this point. The crap he has pulled is way more abhorrent then anything Rodgers has done. 

• Like 3

If Favre had gone out a Packer and won a second ring, this thread would be crickets.

None of you give a **** about what someone’s done against others, you only care what they’ve done for you.

It’s how politics and football work.

Every single one of you has a political hero who has done some ****ed things, and every single one of you ignores the ****ed things that politician and football player has done.

So…

Go ahead and call him a POS, but Manning, Brady, Young, Montana… They’ve all done some ****ed things for money. They’ve all cheated on their wives.

I’m not defending Favre or anything, I just hate this mob mentality singling one person out when the things he’s being crucified for are being done by everyone else.

The only difference is Favre got caught.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If Favre had gone out a Packer and won a second ring, this thread would be crickets.

None of you give a **** about what someone’s done against others, you only care what they’ve done for you.

It’s how politics and football work.

Every single one of you has a political hero who has done some ****ed things, and every single one of you ignores the ****ed things that politician and football player has done.

So…

Go ahead and call him a POS, but Manning, Brady, Young, Montana… They’ve all done some ****ed things for money. They’ve all cheated on their wives.

I’m not defending Favre or anything, I just hate this mob mentality singling one person out when the things he’s being crucified for are being done by everyone else.

The only difference is Favre got caught.

nah. that ain't it.

Loved Favre even on the Jets, even on the Vikings.  took some growing up on my end to realize how effed what he did in NY was.  Didn't respect him after that, wouldn't even shake his hand after this.

Guys behaving like Tiger Woods --> that's a character flaw I can understand.  Guys behaving like a predator --> that I can't abide.

Unless I know you personally, idc if you cheat on your wife.

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 1