Special Teams and Defence

hornbybrown

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Our zone defense isn’t even a good zone defense. We keep getting burnt deep.

Lol yep. Let the Panthers and Jets score those TD after taking 70-80 seconds off the clock, then if they get an onside kick they have 20 seconds and no timeouts to go 65 yards. Not 1 play 75 yards TWICE in the fourth quarter in as many weeks.

28 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Brian Flores will probably be a HC in 2023

Idk man Stefanski wasn’t the problem today

Woods and Mike have to do their jobs. 

The offense was great today. And overall the teams disciple is good besides the lapses in coverage. 

Losing Jakeem Grant hurt for Preifer but that fake punt was inexcusable. 

Im starting to think Stefanski needs to stop play calling. Not because he’s bad, he’s actually an asset there, but he needs to make sure these breakdowns don’t happen and if he’s too focused on the offense he can’t do that 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk man Stefanski wasn’t the problem today

Woods and Mike have to do their jobs. 

The offense was great today. And overall the teams disciple is good besides the lapses in coverage. 

Losing Jakeem Grant hurt for Preifer but that fake punt was inexcusable. 

Im starting to think Stefanski needs to stop play calling. Not because he’s bad, he’s actually an asset there, but he needs to make sure these breakdowns don’t happen and if he’s too focused on the offense he can’t do that 

I’m not saying he will be out HC, I just think he’ll be a HC

Its Stefanski's fault

He's kept the clowns on the coaching staff for 3 straight years. He has no problems blaming players for shortcomings but accepts no responsibilities for his own staffs failures

Our DC and STC have been duds 3 years in a row. If you surround yourself with idiots and do nothing its a reflection on your own abilities as a leader. This breakdown has almost happened 7 or 8 times, including last week. We've been the masters of almost losing 99.9% win probability games. It was destined to happen sooner or later. 

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

Woods is more terrible.

I think its Priefer....Woods has had the run defense playing decently well and getting turn overs....its Miscommunications or bad defensive designs in the back end, at the end of the game..... Preifer had special teams screwing up in every quarter, gave up the fake punt in 1rst, Fumbled (and recovered) punt in 2nd, and missed extra point and recovered Onside kick in the 4th....our special teams is being held back by Preifer....

Just now, DaWg_LB. said:

I think its Priefer....Woods has had the run defense playing decently well and getting turn overs....its Miscommunications or bad defensive designs in the back end, at the end of the game..... Preifer had special teams screwing up in every quarter, gave up the fake punt in 1rst, Fumbled (and recovered) punt in 2nd, and missed extra point and recovered Onside kick in the 4th....our special teams is being held back by Preifer....

I’ll argue the xtp isn’t on anyone as Cleveland is ****y and the rookie is just gonna have to learn how to kick in the stadium, but the rest of it is unacceptable.

Punters can’t be throwing dots on out routes and recovering onside kicks.  Like, you can have one of those, maybe, in a game, but sure af not both.

8 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Its Stefanski's fault

He's kept the clowns on the coaching staff for 3 straight years. He has no problems blaming players for shortcomings but accepts no responsibilities for his own staffs failures

Our DC and STC have been duds 3 years in a row. If you surround yourself with idiots and do nothing its a reflection on your own abilities as a leader. This breakdown has almost happened 7 or 8 times, including last week. We've been the masters of almost losing 99.9% win probability games. It was destined to happen sooner or later. 

I mean, the talent on ST *has* been an issue. It’s hard to hold anyone accountable when you don’t invest to some degree.

Woods was actually decent the last half of last season, he just seems to have reset back to where he was last year.

if coaching turnover was the key to anything we’d have a dozen rings, but it’s not.  That said, it’s sht or get off the pot time for both of them imo.

Yes it isStefanski’s fault as he is responsible for coaching special teams and defense.  He needs to give up play calling and do his job.  Woods idea of prevent defense is to prevent theBrowns from winning.  There were FIVE Major miscues by special teams which is most unacceptable. Blown defensive coverages in fourth quarter is a function of poor coaching and poor communication.

That was Joe Woods in a nutshell. This has been happening for years now and nobody wanted to hear it. This clown needs to be gone. Not just for the breakdowns in coverage, but for the stupidity. How dare we constantly sit in vanilla zones for the duration of these games? Even inside the red zone? This tool needs to be shot to the moon to live with Willzyx.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That was Joe Woods in a nutshell. This has been happening for years now and nobody wanted to hear it. This clown needs to be gone. Not just for the breakdowns in coverage, but for the stupidity. How dare we constantly sit in vanilla zones for the duration of these games? Even inside the red zone? This tool needs to be shot to the moon to live with Willzyx.

If casual fans can see this stuff I’m sure every offensive coach in the league can see it too.

The Jets just handed the league a blueprint tbh.  Max protect and call plays designed to beat zone coverages. If Myles and Clowney don’t go nuts, we’ll have no pass rush.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll argue the xtp isn’t on anyone as Cleveland is ****y and the rookie is just gonna have to learn how to kick in the stadium, but the rest of it is unacceptable.

Punters can’t be throwing dots on out routes and recovering onside kicks.  Like, you can have one of those, maybe, in a game, but sure af not both.

I have a new nickname for Preifer.....but I think it might get me banned.....

It Rymes with Preifer and starts with "Qu" instead of "Pr"

anigif_sub-buzz-1602-1588960297-12.gif

• Like 1

The lack of blitzing has driven me crazy from Day 1.  We have "dudes" that can take some pressure off of Garrett, and Clowney.  JOK, Delpit, Takitaki, Walker, are all guys we should be dialing up for an occasional blitz.  I think I saw one (i'm sure there were more)Delpit is a guy that should be played closer to the LOS, and NOT at deep safety. It's  always the square peg in the round hole with these guys, and not playing to people's strengths.

• Like 1