Raiders - Meltdown for McDaniels' Mediocre Men

notthatbluestuff

On 11/7/2022 at 6:28 AM, candyman93 said:

Raiders won off of last second wins and pure emotion last year. It’s what the Jets are doing this year.

Jets will crash back down to earth next year just like the Raiders have.

We see teams like this every year.

Yeah we've had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead on the final possession in 5/6 losses, Carr just hasn't produced. 

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The Raiders really aren't that talented.  I'd argue they have a worse roster than the Panthers, who should be shooting for the #1 overall pick.  They have Derek Carr, which for as average as he can be, is still much better than what we have.  But even last year the two teams had about the same expected W/L.  Raiders just had a lot of lucky games.

Is there any reason to be optimistic about the team going forward?  They have drafted terribly for years and traded their first 3 picks in the previous draft.  Outside of Crosby, what long-term pieces do they have on defense?  How much longer are we going to wait for Derek Carr to be much more than he is?  And if they were to try and move him for picks, then Davante Adams would almost certainly want out too.

I don't know how good or bad of a job McDaniels has done, but the Raiders were likely being overhyped to begin with.  

True, they are not. And yes, they were very overhyped. Which is what made the playoffs or bust expectations by so many puzzling. Their defense was awful and didn't do much to improve. They are slow at LB and safety and have nothing outside Crosby for pass rush. 

And where the talent is, WR/TE that group only played 60 snaps together because of injuries before landing Waller and Renfrow on IR. Carr is as you said average and can't carry a team. And he's not comfortable in the offense. 

They had a lot of fluky wins 7-2 in one score games. They are 0-5 this year. The offense is averaging the same PPG and the defense giving up the same PPG thus far. They've simply returned to their means.

Hard to judge this coaching staff with the talent they have. I think they'd be best to move on from Carr finally. You can get to the playoffs with Carr, but Carr won't get you to the playoffs. 

Devante is a professional. He's not going to tie his career to what they do with Carr imo. Even he has to know he's a mid QB. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/davante_adams_has_sharp_words_on_state_of_the_las_vegas_raiders/s1_13132_38103120

“At the end of the day, if we’re just going to concede and say, “”oh they double teamed Tae so it’s forcing the ball to him if we threw it to him”” then I've got no business being in this building. If you think that the only way I'm going to get the ball is when I'm singled up, then I'm going to have four catches on the year. ... I think that when you have certain players, you do what you can do to get them opportunities, and that’s why I’m here. That’s why they paid me to come here and make plays," said Adams

Edited by Chiefer

I didn’t watch the game, but after reading the box score, I was surprised to see that Matt Ryan started today. I thought they were sticking with Ehlinger. Also surprised to see that Matt Ryan had 38 yards rushing. Some heads need to roll after that.

Edited by JohnChimpo

5 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I didn’t watch the game, but after watching the game, I was surprised to see that Matt Ryan started today. I thought they were sticking with Ehlinger. Also surprised to see that Matt Ryan had 38 yards rushing. Some heads need to roll after that.

yeah, Matt Ryan was declared the starter just before the game. Saturday previously said he was sticking with Ehlinger earlier in the week lol