Raiders - Meltdown for McDaniels' Mediocre Men

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

shouldve just kept Rich Bisaccia tbh.

Rich isn’t a good HC, the team rallied with emotion. Rich likely goes well below .500 any time he’s a HC in this league. Not hiring Rich was the correct move. Hiring McDaniels was the wrong move. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

As much as i think McDaniels is one of those guys who is a good Coordinator, but a poor Head Coach...i still don't know how much of this you can lay entirely at his feet.  I feel like the tumultuous mess of a culture around that team probably isn't an easy thing to get a grip on.  More than anything though, i feel like the talent void left by Mayock and Gruden probably plays into it the most.  Like, you can make all sorts of shrewd trades and signings and have some good pieces in place...but ultimately, you have to draft more than like one or two good players over a multi-year span, or you're going to have a real gap in your team talent that is hard to backfill with finite resources in the draft and the under the salary cap.

• Like 1

I mean...relax? It's week 2. Raiders can still turn it around obviously. Yeah that game sucked, but just like last year with so many Raiders fans writing off the season when they didn't have to. Same with 49ers fans. 

I know history, and 0-2, and all that jazz, but still if you're a Raiders fan...R-E-L-A-X :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

Didn't want McDaniels. Looking like I was right that he'd be too enamored with his system to just do the common sense thing  and run the ball when it's working. 

But the players melted down and were just as poor. Chandler looks like a bust and Adams, while a fantastic player, has had a negative effect on Carr so far. His involvement doesn't feel natural and the chemistry that was supposed to be there has not shown when it's needed most.

A disgusting, pitiful loss that destroys both hype and patience for the fanbase. 

I don't know what to say. The talent is there. The coaching is improved (to what extent is TBD). We have the facilities. The home crowd is electric. Yet we find ways to lose year in and year out.

We hung around with the Chargers (a couple plays away from potentially winning) and should have won against the Cards quite convincingly. We just have the absolute worst mental lapses and it's costing us year in and year out. 

It's just hilarious tbh.

• Like 1