Raiders - Meltdown for McDaniels' Mediocre Men

notthatbluestuff

16 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He’s seen too many crucial short yardage pickups from white slot guys running pivot routes to not use it again in a pinch…

seriously, he is a smart guy at designing plays and creating matchups, but situationally I has my foot in my mouth 

This.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

“That talk” already? Before Thanksgiving?

I know it’s only three games but if they don’t win any more than 4 games he could be one and done.

Davis ain’t playing games in the bright lights of Vegas with that talent. 

6 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

I know it’s only three games but if they don’t win any more than 4 games he could be one and done.

Davis ain’t playing games in the bright lights of Vegas with that talent. 

Not a Raiders fan...as in I do not really know the roster.

I know Adams, Jacobs, Carr and Waller on offense.

Crosby and Jones on defense.

Do the Raiders have a good OL and DL?

Games are still won in the trenches and I don't know how solid this team is in the trenches.

And...I don't know enough about McDaniels to have an opinion about him as a coach.  I know that the former regime whiffed on oh so many early picks that the guts of the team may not be that good.....

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Not a Raiders fan...as in I do not really know the roster.

I know Adams, Jacobs, Carr and Waller on offense.

Crosby and Jones on defense.

Do the Raiders have a good OL and DL?

Games are still won in the trenches and I don't know how solid this team is in the trenches.

And...I don't know enough about McDaniels to have an opinion about him as a coach.  I know that the former regime whiffed on oh so many early picks that the guts of the team may not be that good.....

The DL is a work in progress. Decent at run stuffing, atrocious at rushing the passer. Crosby is a one man army. 

The OL is murky due to injury. We knew RT would be problematic, and shifting guys around hasn't helped. That said, they haven't been a total disaster and should improve as guys return and settle in. The penalties from some of the replacement level guys are killer, though. 

Honestly, we're probably middling in the trenches. The killers have been dumb decisions by coaches, horrid pass defense, and inexplicable play calling on offense- screens on 3rd and 18 to a backup RB, end around sweeps with Davante Adams, totally abandoning am effective run game.

We're losing close because of talent. We're losing because of coaching. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The DL is a work in progress. Decent at run stuffing, atrocious at rushing the passer. Crosby is a one man army. 

The OL is murky due to injury. We knew RT would be problematic, and shifting guys around hasn't helped. That said, they haven't been a total disaster and should improve as guys return and settle in. The penalties from some of the replacement level guys are killer, though. 

Honestly, we're probably middling in the trenches. The killers have been dumb decisions by coaches, horrid pass defense, and inexplicable play calling on offense- screens on 3rd and 18 to a backup RB, end around sweeps with Davante Adams, totally abandoning am effective run game.

We're losing close because of talent. We're losing because of coaching. 

Thank you for the honest response about the Raiders.

Kind of emphasized what I thought.  Trenches aren't good enough to win in the NFL, especially when there are other factors to consider like coaching.

But seriously...Adams on end around sweeps?  I've watched him his entire career to this point (Packers fan).  I cannot recall him ever getting an end around.  Dude should be feasting on catching 6 yard passes and RAC.  He has two elite traits...extreme quickness in short areas and a vertical leap.  The longer he has to run the slower he actually gets.  The quicker he gets the ball, the better.  Dude has simply the best release that I've seen in like 25 years.  And coming out of a break?  Ungodly acceleration.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thank you for the honest response about the Raiders.

Kind of emphasized what I thought.  Trenches aren't good enough to win in the NFL, especially when there are other factors to consider like coaching.

But seriously...Adams on end around sweeps?  I've watched him his entire career to this point (Packers fan).  I cannot recall him ever getting an end around.  Dude should be feasting on catching 6 yard passes and RAC.  He has two elite traits...extreme quickness in short areas and a vertical leap.  The longer he has to run the slower he actually gets.  The quicker he gets the ball, the better.  Dude has simply the best release that I've seen in like 25 years.  And coming out of a break?  Ungodly acceleration.

Oh boy ....

So far we've used him for end arounds, deep vertical shots into double coverage, and.....hold your breath.....tossed it to him on an end around flea flicker for a pass when playing Mack and Bosa with a patchwork OL of backups. 

Edited by ronjon1990

I still believe in Josh and the Raiders. It's not like they've been blown out. Maybe they are underperforming, but it's been 4 games in his first year. He looks night and day between Hackett from what I've seen. Albeit it hasn't been every snap. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Anyone hating on McDaniels for these first 4 games is just over reacting tbh. There really isn’t any reason to push the panic button. All 3 losses come with the chance to win or tie the game at the end. He hasn’t been blown out. Arizona game stings the most cause how that game went.

Raiders issues this season come from the red zone offense and how they can’t depend on a QB making 40 million a year to finish drives and make the correct throws. 

Maybe Carr gets better as he gets more comfortable in the offense but if he was just slightly above average in the red zone then the Raiders will have a good year.