Raiders - Meltdown for McDaniels' Mediocre Men

notthatbluestuff

Week 1 was an ok performance. The Chargers have a better roster (and specifically QB), but we hung with them pretty well.

This week, though, was a major red flag.

I didn’t support the hire of McDaniels to begin with, and whilst it’s still very early days there are some big warning signs already. Next week is an absolute must win, and a trip to Tennessee is not the fixture you want to be saying that for.

I mean, they should have won this game. AJ Green didn't catch that 2 point conversion.

They are still playing well. They'll come around and fight for a playoff spot at the end of the season. Patrick Graham is a great DC, but his weakness has always been closing out halves and games. His defenses have always been a little too passive in those crunch situations. That was on full display yesterday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I mean, they should have won this game. AJ Green didn't catch that 2 point conversion.

They are still playing well. They'll come around and fight for a playoff spot at the end of the season. Patrick Graham is a great DC, but his weakness has always been closing out halves and games. His defenses have always been a little too passive in those crunch situations. That was on full display yesterday.

Based on his track record of bottom rung job performances and propensity to make his units worse throughout his time as a DL coach, LB coach, and DC? 

Dude was gifted a job because of his Pats connection, not because he's a good coordinator.

19 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wonder what it would take to have Mark Davis sell the team. He's like the only owner if you don't count the packers who isn't a billionaire I think. 

probably would never sell because of the constant consistent revenue stream 

He probably is now.
The Davis family owns 47% of the Raiders, and with the Broncos selling for $4.65b that would be over 2bil for the Davis family at a similar valuation.

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Based on his track record of bottom rung job performances and propensity to make his units worse throughout his time as a DL coach, LB coach, and DC? 

Dude was gifted a job because of his Pats connection, not because he's a good coordinator.

Did you miss his last 2 years as Giants DC?

22 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

shouldve just kept Rich Bisaccia tbh.

So I’m sure the Raider fans know more then I do because the eye actually paid attention but I’ve long though Rich was going to be a good head coach. The last time the Chargers didn’t have dog poo in a paper bag for special teams was when Rich was coaching them. He has the players respect and from all accounts is a good motivator. Paired with decent coordinators I see no reason he wouldn’t be successful and taking the Raiders to the playoffs last year was a huge confirmation to me. No one has gotten the Raiders to the playoffs in… well a while. It’s not quite firing a coach after he goes 14-2 bad but seemed really sus that he didn’t get the job.