Raiders - Meltdown for McDaniels' Mediocre Men

notthatbluestuff

4 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Didn't want McDaniels. Looking like I was right that he'd be too enamored with his system to just do the common sense thing  and run the ball when it's working. 

But the players melted down and were just as poor. Chandler looks like a bust and Adams, while a fantastic player, has had a negative effect on Carr so far. His involvement doesn't feel natural and the chemistry that was supposed to be there has not shown when it's needed most.

A disgusting, pitiful loss that destroys both hype and patience for the fanbase. 

I always though this was blown outta proportion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wonder what it would take to have Mark Davis sell the team. He's like the only owner if you don't count the packers who isn't a billionaire I think. 

probably would never sell because of the constant consistent revenue stream 

Yea he's never going to sell. He's making so much damn money off the Raiders, not to mention he purchases the Aces last year too. 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wonder what it would take to have Mark Davis sell the team. He's like the only owner if you don't count the packers who isn't a billionaire I think. 

He'd be a fool to sell IMO.  One of the few owner-family legacies and it's not like he would have something else to fall back on. By all accounts he loves it. And no use selling in the next years when the value of teams continues to skyrocket.

I WILL say that if McDaniels doesn't work out I have zero faith in him ever getting a hire right. JDR, Gruden and now McDaniels. This one has to work out or else the fanbase will start dooming even more than we already do. 

I'll also say this loss is the most disgusting and embarrassing one for me since the Super Bowl. But ... it is week 2. I'm already checked out but it's not impossible they could end up rebounding. Just not gonna bang that drum or wait for it 

33 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

More than anything though, i feel like the talent void left by Mayock and Gruden probably plays into it the most. 

This

when you don’t have like 5 first rounders on the roster anymore you’re set up for failure. They’re playing catch up roster wise 

Ruggs, Conley, Leatherwood, Arnette all gone. Not on the team at all. They’re not even average players. You’ve got too many players that turned into nothing. 

The game today literally came down to the Cardinals higher picked players making plays to win. Mcdaniels didn’t fumble that ball that team even though talented is still trying to make up for lost players

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

As much as i think McDaniels is one of those guys who is a good Coordinator, but a poor Head Coach...i still don't know how much of this you can lay entirely at his feet.  I feel like the tumultuous mess of a culture around that team probably isn't an easy thing to get a grip on.  More than anything though, i feel like the talent void left by Mayock and Gruden probably plays into it the most.  Like, you can make all sorts of shrewd trades and signings and have some good pieces in place...but ultimately, you have to draft more than like one or two good players over a multi-year span, or you're going to have a real gap in your team talent that is hard to backfill with finite resources in the draft and the under the salary cap.

Today wasn't a talent issue. It was a coaching issue. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This

when you don’t have like 5 first rounders on the roster anymore you’re set up for failure. They’re playing catch up roster wise 

Ruggs, Conley, Leatherwood, Arnette all gone. Not on the team at all. They’re not even average players. You’ve got too many players that turned into nothing. 

The game today literally came down to the Cardinals higher picked players making plays to win. Mcdaniels didn’t fumble that ball that team even though talented is still trying to make up for lost players

He paid hunter, adams, carr, and waller. Those was his decisions. He has scored 3 in two separate halfs of football. This talent excuse aint gonna fly. If he feels carr is a good enough qb he has enough talent not to do that. Especially against that cardinals defense. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

To an extent absolutely. Doesn't take away that they have to live up to it. You don't make a move like that if they didn't sell you on it

I brought up a while back that they played a couple of years together nearly a decade ago and was given the "they work out together". 

Work out does not equal game play, and it's showing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

How do you know how much money I have?

• Like 1