Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This was based on this:

That would be less than ideal. They must really believe if they did that. 

After the initial shock and little disgust, I'd be ok.
But hopefully they did all their homework and don't get burned. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That would be less than ideal. They must really believe if they did that. 

After the initial shock and little disgust, I'd be ok.
But hopefully they did all their homework and don't get burned. 

A lot of it comes down to my expectations for the team next year. We’re not the 49ers the year they traded for Lance. It’s not a crazy talented roster being held back by the QB.

If it’s Stroud or Young, I’m fine taking the shot. Pretty much unanimously high-regarded prospects with a fair amount of polish to their games. The idea of sending the 11th pick and potentially two future top 10-15 picks for a lottery ticket QB is just such a tough move to survive if it doesn’t work out perfectly.

The truth is if we made a horrible mistake by trading up to #3 no matter who the QB we get is...because there are no guarantees...we will likely be picking top 3 in 2026 when we have a 1st rounder. So it is a 3 year set back but honestly are we reaching the SB in the next 3 years regardless. 

If we like a guy and he is there, sell the farm to get him...and hope he is what we think he is. It still shocks me that guys think Stroud or Young are a sure thing and Richardson and Levis aren't. I know it is all projection but there is almost no rhyme or reason to who excels outside of the true generational talents. Russell Wilson, Hurts...even Dak, Cousins, and those type guys...teams don't know until they get talent around them and hope they don't spit the bit. 

7 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Lol that's awful.  That happened in the actual draft I'd be the first aboard the Fire Ran bandwagon.

Edited by Daniel

13 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I think I'd no longer be a fan of this team to be honest. 

I mean, I'd hope I was wrong and Levis balled out, but I've been very open about how bad a prospect I think he is.  And surrendering an entire year's draft and putting any young QB on an offense with so many holes would be a disaster for 2023, and would make keeping Tannehill super questionable.

Even worse with Stroud on the board. Honestly, you just change it from Levis to Stroud, and I'm fine with it.  Take a mulligan, and then go into 2024 with a ton of cap space and a QB who's sat a year and will be ready to start.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I'd hope I was wrong and Levis balled out, but I've been very open about how bad a prospect I think he is.  And surrendering an entire year's draft and putting any young QB on an offense with so many holes would be a disaster for 2023, and would make keeping Tannehill super questionable.

Even worse with Stroud on the board. Honestly, you just change it from Levis to Stroud, and I'm fine with it.  Take a mulligan, and then go into 2024 with a ton of cap space and a QB who's sat a year and will be ready to start.

It would be very hard to support testing up with Stroud sitting there to take Levis. I know I say I'd be done but I know 24 years of let down I ain't going no where 🤣. We're all sadistic 

Thinking about this team. 

We won't be able to pick high next year with Tannehill. 

Even in Miami he was good for about 7-8 wins. 

I'm warming up to trade up for all the QBs. I wouldn't trade up for Levis Richardson but if they went through everything and  was convinced that either one was worth it then I'm good. 

• Like 1