Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But what sold me last night was seeing him being an outspoken leader, teaching others, calming teammates. It was real cool to see. 

literally every QB we could draft is capable of this. we need an actual good player

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

literally every QB we could draft is capable of this. we need an actual good player

That combined with being a good player. 
I guess I'm seeing a different player than yall are.  I see him doing every single thing the top rated guys have done. Made the same throws. 
Made them in different schemes but same throws. He has shown to be able to do this. 

Along with his mental capabilities, I'm sold. 

Now obviously Young and Stroud have done it at a different level and don't have injuries and are younger. But skill wise, I see him right up there with both. 

All those QBs have some factor going against them or something to work on. 

But we've seen QB's not able to do this also with the Football IQ and ability to read defenses and breakdown defenses and then show that ability on the field to do so. 

The offense didn't highlight those abilities often but he did it. I trust Mike Martz opinion. It's not end all and be all, but he wasn't worried about anything he put on tape really. 

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That combined with being a good player. 
I guess I'm seeing a different player than yall are.  I see him doing every single thing the top rated guys have done. Made the same throws. 
Made them in different schemes but same throws. He has shown to be able to do this. 

Along with his mental capabilities, I'm sold. 

Now obviously Young and Stroud have done it at a different level and don't have injuries and are younger. But skill wise, I see him right up there with both. 

All those QBs have some factor going against them or something to work on. 

But we've seen QB's not able to do this also with the Football IQ and ability to read defenses and breakdown defenses and then show that ability on the field to do so. 

The offense didn't highlight those abilities often but he did it. I trust Mike Martz opinion. It's not end all and be all, but he wasn't worried about anything he put on tape really. 

he very literally did not make the same throws lol that’s part of the problem

If it’s not Young, Stroud and to a lesser degree Richardson, then I’m anti first round QB this year.

Is Will Levis this year better than what Quinn Ewers will be next year? Is Hooker this year better than Bo Nix or Michael Penix Jr. next year? 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

he very literally did not make the same throws lol that’s part of the problem

I know what I've seen. Yes the offense concentrated on the boundaries I'm not dismissing that. 

I'm saying I've seen him make every throw. Not as frequent as the others but I've seen it. 

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

If that is true about Stroud, eh,  I don’t know how well he would vibe with Vrabels mindset. 

Feel like Vrabel would also maybe have an inside track on that also with his connections to OSU.

That's the first I've heard bout it.  

His biggest knock is being an Ohio State QB. And those guys don't seem prepared or ready to be NFL guys so far. 

That would be my concern. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

It’s the part of draft season where wild stories start coming out.. I think teams trying to get him to fall

Saw a comp for Stroud as Dalton by Cosell.  Don't like that. lol 
Not the first guy I think of when I think of Stroud. 

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m torn whether the negative Stroud stuff is coming from a team like us that wants him to drop to 3 so we can make a move or if it’s Bob McNair trying to get the fanbase to accept the Texans passing on him because he hates his agent.

I wonder how much do we even engage in that type thing. 
People think we are showing interest in #3 just to drive the price up for the Colts. 
That's alot of wasted resources just to smoke screen someone. 
I wouldn't waste visits on people I have no intention of drafting.

Time is so precious and to waste any time on a guy just to try to trick someone else....eh. Seems extreme. 

As for Stroud, might be a mix of truth and rumor. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I wonder how much do we even engage in that type thing. 
People think we are showing interest in #3 just to drive the price up for the Colts. 
That's alot of wasted resources just to smoke screen someone. 
I wouldn't waste visits on people I have no intention of drafting.

Time is so precious and to waste any time on a guy just to try to trick someone else....eh. Seems extreme. 

As for Stroud, might be a mix of truth and rumor. 

I doubt we’re wasting time on just trying to bait the Colts to trade up to 3. That does seem silly. If we love Stroud though, I’d expect us to do whatever we can to get him to fall to 3, even if it’s just rumor mongering.