Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

Idk man I been goin back and forth on it.. I’d honestly be ok with trading up for Richardson. His potential excites me and gives me something to look forward to.. Plus with all the cap space we will have we can make up for the lack of pics in FA next year.

I just want something different lol. Especially if we can move up to 3 and still can keep our 2nd round pick. Richardson, Avila, and Tyler Scott would be a solid first 3 picks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Idk man I been goin back and forth on it.. I’d honestly be ok with trading up for Richardson. His potential excites me and gives me something to look forward to.. Plus with all the cap space we will have we can make up for the lack of pics in FA next year.

I just want something different lol. Especially if we can move up to 3 and still can keep our 2nd round pick. Richardson, Avila, and Tyler Scott would be a solid first 3 picks. 

I’d legit be excited if we drafted any of the big names QBs…need to move on from Tannehill and start looking to the future.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’d legit be excited if we drafted any of the big names QBs…need to move on from Tannehill and start looking to the future.

as many issues as some of the top 4 have, they’re all first round talents so it’d be hard to be really upset unless we give up an absolutely ridiculous amount of capital to get up there. levis is the most concerning but even he’s got a lot to build on. 

i still think it’s unlikely that a move for a QB happens this year though.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

as many issues as some of the top 4 have, they’re all first round talents so it’d be hard to be really upset unless we give up an absolutely ridiculous amount of capital to get up there. levis is the most concerning but even he’s got a lot to build on. 

i still think it’s unlikely that a move for a QB happens this year though.

The skill set is more or less there for the top 4. Richardson is so raw — concerningly raw IMO — but the athleticism is obviously unique. 

I Think so much comes down to how hard these guys work at their crafts, the mental aptitude to play NFL QB and the team we put around them. 

We know little about RC, but I don’t see him mortgaging the future for Richardson or Levis. I’d see him trading down to the 20s and snagging Hooker before a massive trade up for one of those two.

Was listening to Move the Sticks podcast. 

And he has such a great point about QBs. 

Like we talked about here. Keep drafting QBs until you find an unmistakable hit. 

Don't worry about the draft capital. It balances out in money saved from not overspending for a mid level QB. 

Think of all the money we could be saving from Tannehill if we didn't have hjn at $33 million. 

We could have a stronger roster with a more reasonably priced mid level guy. 

They recommended that people start treating the QB spot like a college program. Draft one every year or every other year. 

If you get mid level production, you can let them walk or trade them to a desperate team for that draft capital. And move in the developed back up in their place to see what happens. 

Mentioned Trey Lance. Yes they gave up picks for him but the money saved from his cheap contract allows for them to keep adding in FA. 

Do you trade up every year?  Naw. 

But you can if you believe in one that one time. 

I really hope they go in this direction of development. 

Take a QB even if you only get mid level production from them and they are surrounded by a stronger roster you are able to build because of a cheap QB contact, you can win. 

Keep moving them in and out until you hit in a sure fire star. 

• Like 1

I haven’t wanted Levis ever since I saw him put mayo in his coffee and eat a banana with the skin still on it lol

I haven't wanted Levis ever since I watched his tape.

That actually makes sense to me.  Quentin Johnston is way overrated IMO.  His tape does not match up with his traits, and while he's got great upside, I think there's a lot more to work on than people think.

Addison is small, and didn't time like people thought he would in the 40, and that might turn teams off.  Hyatt I still think goes in the first, but his tape is pretty one dimensional.  Flowers is also really small, and I don't get him being mocked over Addison anyway.

I wonder if that makes the Titans more or less likely to grab JSN with the 12th pick, if the report is true, that is.

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I haven't wanted Levis ever since I watched his tape.

That actually makes sense to me.  Quentin Johnston is way overrated IMO.  His tape does not match up with his traits, and while he's got great upside, I think there's a lot more to work on than people think.

Addison is small, and didn't time like people thought he would in the 40, and that might turn teams off.  Hyatt I still think goes in the first, but his tape is pretty one dimensional.  Flowers is also really small, and I don't get him being mocked over Addison anyway.

I wonder if that makes the Titans more or less likely to grab JSN with the 12th pick, if the report is true, that is.

Was actually wondering why the hype around JSN cooled off from what it was in like January. Seemed crazy. But yes, makes sense if teams like him more than mock drafts currently do.

Watching this Hendon Hooker thing with the Mannings. 

I'm trying to keep myself from wanting to draft him at 11. But man he is impressive. 

Edit: I think I really want Hendon. I don't care about age. If he plays as long as Tanny that's 10 years at least. That's a pretty nice career.