Week 3: Lions (1-1) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

But at least you did not say the Eagles were 'frauds' so good for you.  Still that was an awful defense performance all the way around, oh but that was just the box score saying it?  No, really the game should have been like 40 to 7 but sure 24-7 does not look as bad.  

It's truly unnecessary to take a veiled shot at me in responding to someone else's post.  But I get it.  I personally was unable to watch the game, as I was at a conference in Miami, so I truly don't know how well the Eagles played...but I gather from the comments that the Vikings themselves were terrible.  The Eagles are probably better than I thought (which I did indicate that I was open to, if you glossed over that comment), but I'm not ready to crown them as the NFC reps in the Super Bowl or even the 2nd best team in the conference.  They've accomplished nothing yet.  We'll see where they are later....but in the end, they're better than I thought and the Vikings aren't as god as I thought.  That's fine, we're only going into Week 3.  It seems the Lions are better than I think too. 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I use PFR and they have it as 2 sacks as well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2022.htm

Ya know, real newz

PFF Had 1 just fyi. 68.2 score of whatever that algo is.

Per:https://www.lineups.com/nfl/team-stats/defense **(2021 ranks)**

Defense is :

tied for 4(2nd) in sacks

5th(5th) in passing yards given up and 5th(7th) in yards/comp. 3rd(7th) yards/attempt. 17th(7th) in yards/comp

10th(7th) in rush yards given up and 5th(3rd) in yards per attempt.

6th(14th) best Redzone Defense at 40%.

We are better in yards/comp and RZ defense. I see those as current anomalies that will start to align more with the other stats that are very similar.

As I said in the Eagles thread. It's literally the same team as last year on defense. The players didn't execute last year. They aren't executing this year. We can't replace them due to bad contracts.

33 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Defense is :

tied for 4(2nd) in sacks

5th(5th) in passing yards given up and 5th(7th) in yards/comp. 3rd(7th) yards/attempt. 17th(7th) in yards/comp

We are better in yards/comp and RZ defense. I see those as current anomalies that will start to align more with the other stats that are very similar.

As I said in the Eagles thread. It's literally the same team as last year on defense. The players didn't execute last year. They aren't executing this year. We can't replace them due to bad contracts.

It's not the players in my opinion. It's mostly been the coaching. The announcers in the 2nd half of the Eagles game pointed out how the Vikings' Zone was being exposed over and over again in the passing game. That falls on the coaching staff for being inflexible. It's the reverse of what the Packers tried to do to us week 1. We did exactly what they did as if to say "See how well it worked for them -- let's try that out against the Eagles." The run defense is really hard to figure out. We have lots of talent in the front 7 and they have been gashed again and again.

I don't have problems with any of the contracts on the team. They have paid market value for players who have gotten their heads knocked off for this team for years. That's called taking care of your own.

I've see many here wanting Suh signed. The man is all about the money. He left Detroit hanging and is nothing but a mercenary. Money is all he cares about, so I find the notion that anyone would want guys like that on this team to be laughable.

Say what you want about the Packers but they value the draft as the way to build their team over all else and I agree with it. 

7 minutes ago, babababa said:

It's not the players in my opinion. It's mostly been the coaching. The announcers in the 2nd half of the Eagles game pointed out how the Vikings' Zone was being exposed over and over again in the passing game. That falls on the coaching staff for being inflexible. It's the reverse of what the Packers tried to do to us week 1. We did exactly what they did as if to say "See how well it worked for them -- let's try that out against the Eagles." The run defense is really hard to figure out. We have lots of talent in the front 7 and they have been gashed again and again.

I don't have problems with any of the contracts on the team. They have paid market value for players who have gotten their heads knocked off for this team for years. That's called taking care of your own.

I've see many here wanting Suh signed. The man is all about the money. He left Detroit hanging and is nothing but a mercenary. Money is all he cares about, so I find the notion that anyone would want guys like that on this team to be laughable.

Say what you want about the Packers but they value the draft as the way to build their team over all else and I agree with it. 

I read that Suh wants 1 year-8 mil 

7 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Defense is :

tied for 4(2nd) in sacks

Players playing in a brand new defense with *quite* literally NOT the same team didn’t execute in 1 half of one game. But sure, whatever you say, man. Sheesh.

There are 2 holdovers in the front 7, and 2 in the secondary.

LiTeRaLlY tHe SaMe TeAM.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, babababa said:

A player at the end of his career wants market value and you criticize him, while you praise the Vikings for “taking care of their own”. Huh?

If Suh decides that it’s not worth playing for less than a certain price point, more power to him. He doesn’t need to play another down.

Edited by JDBrocks

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Players playing in a brand new defense with *quite* literally NOT the same team didn’t execute in 1 half of one game. But sure, whatever you say, man. Sheesh.

There are 2 holdovers in the front 7, and 2 in the secondary.

LiTeRaLlY tHe SaMe TeAM.

Feel free to ignore data. My point stands. Everyone harped on Zimmer. Yet here we are. Maybe it was a combination of both, but it's easier to blame a coach.