TNF: Steelers @ Browns, aka the Joe Haden Bowl

FinSting

Glad we won, but still need to point out the garbage Pittsburgh got away with this game. That hit on Walker that wasn't a personal foul was absurd.

Also, maybe I missed it, but why did more time get added after Chubb came up short on the third down run?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So I was just talking to my friend who is a Steelers fan, and I can't rationalize why they picked Kenny Pickett if they are going to let him sit a year.

So the Steelers are going to be awful this year, right? So they're going to get a pretty high draft pick. Everyone kinda knew that going into this year, unless you are super delusional and thought "we went 11-1 with useless Ben, we can only go up!".

So you go into next year with a stacked QB class, all of which are better than Pickett, but you can't take any of them because now you have Pickett. 

Why? Why wouldn't you use this year's pick on someone actually useful then go QB next year?

I mean, they could still take a QB next year if they end up with a high pick. They can always trade Pickett for a 3rd round pick or something (assuming he doesn't play and suck).

Having Pickett doesn't preclude them from taking a superior prospect next season. Overlooking a superior prospect because of Pickett would be dumb.

32 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

In all fairness, the defense lost the Steelers that game. They couldn’t stop Chunt. 

The best way to skow down a running game like that is to keep them off the field.    The Steelers had two decent drives all game.    The rest was 3 and outs, and putting our tired defense on the field against an elite running game.

The defense has been trying to carry the offense the last 4 years.     Sometimes it can, but without Watt, no chance.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

What did Patrick Mahomes do for a year?

What did Aaron Rodgers do for 4 years?

Seems like it’s not a terrible idea to make sure your QB is NFL ready before you ruin them.

If David Carr sat until the Texans had a team, he probably would have been a good QB.

I'm saying they could've gotten a much better QB next year. You can still sit for a year if he's drafted next year.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

The best way to skow down a running game like that is to keep them off the field.    The Steelers had two decent drives all game.    The rest was 3 and outs, and putting our tired defense on the field against an elite running game.

The defense has been trying to carry the offense the last 4 years.     Sometimes it can, but without Watt, no chance.

For sure. It’d be hella frustrating to be a Pit fan due to the lack of a QB. The rest of that team is, at the very least, rock-solid. The only way Pit is gonna win games this year is with a dominant D. I like Pickett as a prospect quite a bit. However, I don’t think he’s gonna be the savior. I didn’t think he was a great fit with the weapons you had. With those receivers, I thought Willis was gonna be the man. 

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So I was just talking to my friend who is a Steelers fan, and I can't rationalize why they picked Kenny Pickett if they are going to let him sit a year.

So the Steelers are going to be awful this year, right? So they're going to get a pretty high draft pick. Everyone kinda knew that going into this year, unless you are super delusional and thought "we went 11-1 with useless Ben, we can only go up!".

So you go into next year with a stacked QB class, all of which are better than Pickett, but you can't take any of them because now you have Pickett. 

Why? Why wouldn't you use this year's pick on someone actually useful then go QB next year?

Should have gone for gnarly OT this year and QB next

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Glad we won, but still need to point out the garbage Pittsburgh got away with this game. That hit on Walker that wasn't a personal foul was absurd.

Also, maybe I missed it, but why did more time get added after Chubb came up short on the third down run?

Yeah I was confused on that as well. It should have left Pitt with max 6 seconds. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Want neutral eyes.

From what you saw out of Jacoby: Did he player better or worse than Baker does? I think Baker is very close to joining the washed up list with Goff, Mariota, Trubisky, etc.

Brissett looked good to me yesterday. That team only needs a slot WR underneath and they'll be hard to Stop, especially if Deshaun regains form.