Week 4 GDT: Bears @ Giants, 10/2/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Big year so far for Quinn! Didn't need Mack!

Meh..I love Mack but I don't think having him would made much of a difference

This team would still suck this year regardless as he doesn't make our offense any better and didn't really move the needle for us the past few seasons 

At least they got something in return for him (Brisker)

19 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Meh..I love Mack but I don't think having him would made much of a difference

This team would still suck this year regardless as he doesn't make our offense any better and didn't really move the needle for us the past few seasons 

At least they got something in return for him (Brisker)

They would absolutely still suck, but keeping Quinn after an outlier of a year while trading Mack & ******* up the 2022 cap AND getting worse against the run/pass probably wasn't the best idea

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They would absolutely still suck, but keeping Quinn after an outlier of a year while trading Mack & ******* up the 2022 cap AND getting worse against the run/pass probably wasn't the best idea

I get why they did it. Mack is on the wrong side of 30 and he has been banged up the past cpl seasons. For a rebuilding squad it wasn't exactly a crazy move IMO 

Remember when everyone was trying to compare our WRs to the Packers and Chiefs?  Watching their offenses still operate and the Chiefs offense running creative plays while putting up 4TDs against one of the best defenses in the league shows just how bad we really are from top to bottom.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Remember when everyone was trying to compare our WRs to the Packers and Chiefs?  Watching their offenses still operate and the Chiefs offense running creative plays while putting up 4TDs against one of the best defenses in the league shows just how bad we really are from top to bottom.

People in the offseason argued about the Bears actually having talent & Atlanta and Seahawks being terrible? I guess what I'm trying to say is simple: the season is young. Calm down

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

People in the offseason argued about the Bears actually having talent & Atlanta and Seahawks being terrible? I guess what I'm trying to say is simple: the season is young. Calm down

All jokes aside. I'm tired of being patient. Getsy is trash. I know crap when I see it.....I've seen it too often over the years to NOT know what it is.  I'm tired of seeing coaching staffs come in and be downright awful from jump and saying to myself....they're still learning...it'll get better...and every other excuse under the sun and it never ******* happens.

Sorry, but I'm all out of benefit of the doubt. In a court of law terms, they are now guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned.  Fans might not like this attitude but I don't give damn. This franchise hasn't given me any other option.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

38 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Who was comparing our WRs to the Chiefs and Packers? 

Even if you were to think Bears WRs are not that far off, which I don't agree, there's some major differences in those offenses compared to that of the Bears in that they both have hall of fame caliber and seasoned QBs and pretty darn good O-lines too

But yes we are bad this isn't something that should be shocking to anybody who has been following this team

We're probably going to bad for a cpl years before we get much better 

We desperately need an infusion of high end talent on both sides of the ball via the draft 

16 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

All jokes aside. I'm tired of being patient. Getsy is trash. I know crap when I see it.....I've seen it too often over the years to NOT know what it is.  I'm tired of seeing coaching staffs come in and be downright awful from jump and saying to myself....they're still learning...it'll get better...and every other excuse under the sun and it never ******* happens.

Sorry, but I'm all out of benefit of the doubt. In a court of law terms, they are now guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned.  Fans might not like this attitude but I don't give damn. This franchise hasn't given me any other option.

Exactly what I said week 1: I'm sick of handicapping these guys. Well he needs X and Y and Z and then he'll be good! We said the same **** for Cutler and Trubisky. Enough

17 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You have every right to feel this way but man why do you punish yourself like this then by still following this team and being so emotionally invested only to have such a skeptical outlook on it all ? 😆

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who was comparing our WRs to the Chiefs and Packers? 

It was happening all off season when people were looking at the worst WR rooms in the NFL as a way of saying ours isn't that bad in comparison. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

Even if you were to think Bears WRs are not that far off, which I don't agree, there's some major differences in those offenses compared to that of the Bears in that they both have hall of fame caliber and seasoned QBs and pretty darn good O-lines too

Which is why it was stupid to even compare our WRs to theirs in the first place. Those guys could take our WRs right now and make them 700-1000 yard receivers.

I'm really convinced we got duped on Getsy. Both him and Hackett have looked bad. It's looking more like Lafluer/Rodgers got them their jobs.

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Not everyone is calling for their heads. At least I’m not. I’ve been firmly in the “wait and see” camp since the rebuild got started. It is still early, but I haven’t liked what I have seen from the offense as of yet. The defense didn’t make enough adjustments this game either which was disappointing because that is the one thing that this team has seemed to be able to do well. That being said Poles needs to bring in a **** ton of talent next year.

Oh I agree...and that's it....we will have all the dead money cleared out.... full draft class for who knows how long....Gordon will have a ton of reps at CB1 and should be better at CB2 next year....hopefully get that WR in to play opposite Money....and lastly, actually draft defensive guys or sign them

Our LB core is trash, so is the DL .....like we basically need 4 new DL once Quinn leaves