Week 4 GDT: Bears @ Giants, 10/2/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

23 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I can appreciate how positive you are. I really can. But dare I say you were a little over the top with your assessment of the offensive roster earlier. Glad you are facing reality a bit at this juncture, though there really isn't anything else you can do at this point. Our offense is vomitorious.

I just don't understand the idea of being negative during a rebuild haha

Like what is the idea....rebuild the rebuild? In year one? Haha

I'm not really all that positive, I was calling for Nagy and Pace just like everybody else

But what you guys are doing is like, calling for first year coaches heads in game 4 of a rebuild....and the team is .500!

We all knew this was a rebuild...did you guys secretly think we would make a playoff run?

I'm just positive because basically we are watching practices for next year, and see where we need the most help....so its not really being positive, I'm more just pointing out things we are decent at

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I'm not really all that positive, I was calling for Nagy and Pace just like everybody else

But what you guys are doing is like, calling for first year coaches heads in game 4 of a rebuild....and the team is .500!

We all knew this was a rebuild...did you guys secretly think we would make a playoff run?

I'm just positive because basically we are watching practices for next year, and see where we need the most help....so its not really being positive, I'm more just pointing out things we are decent at

You're right.

It's just frustrating to see them not at try to help develop Fields more these first few games. Hopefully it improves by the end of the season.

I'm certainly not one calling for the front office or coaching staff's jobs but I'll admit I expected a little more from Getsy up to this point. Offense has been very predictable and bland thus far 

Flus coaches for respectable losses.

I hate that.  

Keep game short. Run.  Make games look like they are close.  

How do you give up contain on every boot for an entire half like it’s preseason?

How do you not have any hots on blitzes? 

How do our guys have no separation at all versus man? None. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Not everyone is calling for their heads. At least I’m not. I’ve been firmly in the “wait and see” camp since the rebuild got started. It is still early, but I haven’t liked what I have seen from the offense as of yet. The defense didn’t make enough adjustments this game either which was disappointing because that is the one thing that this team has seemed to be able to do well. That being said Poles needs to bring in a **** ton of talent next year.

45 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You're right.

It's just frustrating to see them not at try to help develop Fields more these first few games. Hopefully it improves by the end of the season.

I'm certainly not one calling for the front office or coaching staff's jobs but I'll admit I expected a little more from Getsy up to this point. Offense has been very predictable and bland thus far 

Agreed. This isn't saying they should be on the hot seat, the roster was bad to begin with and it got worse with the changes in the offseason. We SHOULD be bad.

But the coaching is the biggest issue. We have a few guys playing well but the team is fundamentally doing a poor job. Fields is passing at Tebow level attempts and getting sub-Tebow level production. But yet he is ALSO getting sacked at a horrendous rate. Putting it into perspective we can extrapolate what will happen if this continues (I know, extrapolations can be dumb in small samples but its what we have to work with, 1/4 of the season)

Projected stats for 17 games -

Passing: 145 for 285, 51% completion, 2002 yards, 9 TDs, 17 INTs, 68 sacks

Rushing: 145 attempts, 625 yards, 4 TDs, 21 fumbles

While being on pace to only throw 285 times we are STILL on pace for the 3rd most times of being sacked in a season. That is pathetic and falls directly on Getsy.

"Can't hold DL long enough to attack deep,."  Then dont. Attack intermediate and have a dump off guy. Keep a TE to chip and move him to whatever side you need.

"Fields holds the ball too long"  Then make it 1-2 reads and then dump it off. Make it the TE and slot WR or slot and HB, whatever. Have 2 dump offs if you can. We have one legitimate starting receiver and that's it. Make movement to try and get a mismatch (ESB on a 5'8" guy I will chuck it up by the sideline. Either catch it or it goes out of bounds). Same with Kmet. Timing is based on the playcall and coaching. Fields isn't stupid, but he isn't going to read a defense like Brady and Brees could. Never will.

"WRs can't get open." Then take quick throws when there's soft coverage on anyone. HB can run an option route based on leverage or run flats. Get the ball out of Fields' hands and have someone make a play. If they can't then they can be replaced. Spread the field like Manning's Colts, with 3 WRs and a TE in the slot. If anything you get a mismatch somewhere or you have your RB room to run, or with a motion you get a better idea of man or zone coverage.

Also I think we were doing our best while a FB was on the field but can't think of him being there at all today. Why not? If power ball is working, do it. Daboll did that to us today and saw we couldn't stop people from getting to the outside the first 2-3 quarters, so he didn't stop until we DID stop it.

Poles shortchanged Getsy, there is no denying it. But an OC has to do what he can with what he has. Right now you have 1 WR, 2 RBs, and a young QB. Your TE is a ghost in the redzone for his whole career but has been reliable between the 20s and is a fair, high effort blocker. You have very young OTs and a young RG who just started that spot. Let them be physical and move. Don't think they are going to pick up all the stunts and crap like GB's OL will.

Talent is poor, but the coaching has been WAY worse the last two games.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Agreed. This isn't saying they should be on the hot seat, the roster was bad to begin with and it got worse with the changes in the offseason. We SHOULD be bad.

But the coaching is the biggest issue. We have a few guys playing well but the team is fundamentally doing a poor job. Fields is passing at Tebow level attempts and getting sub-Tebow level production. But yet he is ALSO getting sacked at a horrendous rate. Putting it into perspective we can extrapolate what will happen if this continues (I know, extrapolations can be dumb in small samples but its what we have to work with, 1/4 of the season)

Projected stats for 17 games -

Passing: 145 for 285, 51% completion, 2002 yards, 9 TDs, 17 INTs, 68 sacks

Rushing: 145 attempts, 625 yards, 4 TDs, 21 fumbles

While being on pace to only throw 285 times we are STILL on pace for the 3rd most times of being sacked in a season. That is pathetic and falls directly on Getsy.

"Can't hold DL long enough to attack deep,."  Then dont. Attack intermediate and have a dump off guy. Keep a TE to chip and move him to whatever side you need.

"Fields holds the ball too long"  Then make it 1-2 reads and then dump it off. Make it the TE and slot WR or slot and HB, whatever. Have 2 dump offs if you can. We have one legitimate starting receiver and that's it. Make movement to try and get a mismatch (ESB on a 5'8" guy I will chuck it up by the sideline. Either catch it or it goes out of bounds). Same with Kmet. Timing is based on the playcall and coaching. Fields isn't stupid, but he isn't going to read a defense like Brady and Brees could. Never will.

"WRs can't get open." Then take quick throws when there's soft coverage on anyone. HB can run an option route based on leverage or run flats. Get the ball out of Fields' hands and have someone make a play. If they can't then they can be replaced. Spread the field like Manning's Colts, with 3 WRs and a TE in the slot. If anything you get a mismatch somewhere or you have your RB room to run, or with a motion you get a better idea of man or zone coverage.

Also I think we were doing our best while a FB was on the field but can't think of him being there at all today. Why not? If power ball is working, do it. Daboll did that to us today and saw we couldn't stop people from getting to the outside the first 2-3 quarters, so he didn't stop until we DID stop it.

Poles shortchanged Getsy, there is no denying it. But an OC has to do what he can with what he has. Right now you have 1 WR, 2 RBs, and a young QB. Your TE is a ghost in the redzone for his whole career but has been reliable between the 20s and is a fair, high effort blocker. You have very young OTs and a young RG who just started that spot. Let them be physical and move. Don't think they are going to pick up all the stunts and crap like GB's OL will.

Talent is poor, but the coaching has been WAY worse the last two games.

Look on the bright side. At least we won't have to worry about other teams trying to poach Getsy in the off season lol.

• Like 1