Week 4 GDT: Bears @ Giants, 10/2/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

You have every right to feel this way but man why do you punish yourself like this then by still following this team and being so emotionally invested only to have such a skeptical outlook on it all ? 😆

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

I imagine you have been a long time Bears fan too, correct? So you've seen what I've seen.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It was happening all off season when people were looking at the worst WR rooms in the NFL as a way of saying ours isn't that bad in comparison. 

Which is why it was stupid to even compare our WRs to theirs in the first place. Those guys could take our WRs right now and make them 700-1000 yard receivers.

I'm really convinced we got duped on Getsy. Both him and Hackett have looked bad. It's looking more like Lafluer/Rodgers got them their jobs.

We very well could have but to be fair he is a first time coordinator at this level so we cannot expect him to be flawless. That said I have been unimpressed with his playcalling and creativity so far. He needs to get better

Hackett was an actual OC for the Jags before he got his job with the Packers but I never really liked him as he gives me Matt Nagy vibes.

We all know Lafleur runs the O show in GB and has since he was hired

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

We very well could have but to be fair he is a first time coordinator at this level so we cannot expect him to be flawless. That said I have been unimpressed with his playcalling and creativity so far. He needs to get better

Hackett was an actual OC for the Jags before he got his job with the Packers but I never really liked him as he gives me Matt Nagy vibes.

We all know Lafleur runs the O show in GB and has since he was hired

To be clear, I'm still hoping this is the case too. I'm hoping he gets better and he can turn it around. I'm a fan, first and foremost, and want the best for the team.

But man I had the same hopes for Nagy, Loggains, Ron Turner, the other goofball we hired to FINALLY replace Ron Turner (forgot his name), John Shoop, the idiot Wannstedt hired, and another half dozen guys.

This franchise haven't given me any reason to believe it will ever change under this regime (McCaskeys). That's all I'm saying.

16 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

I imagine you have been a long time Bears fan too, correct? So you've seen what I've seen.

Yes for too long I've suffered enough just like the rest of you.

I'm tired of this **** too but I had very minimal expectations for this season so I'm not exactly shocked by what we're seeing

But I will say that I expected Fields and the offense to be a little better than what we've seen so far

I remember hearing Cole Kmet's name all offseason as a breakout candidate to watch and he's been pretty much non existent ...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It was happening all off season when people were looking at the worst WR rooms in the NFL as a way of saying ours isn't that bad in comparison. 

Which is why it was stupid to even compare our WRs to theirs in the first place. Those guys could take our WRs right now and make them 700-1000 yard receivers.

I'm really convinced we got duped on Getsy. Both him and Hackett have looked bad. It's looking more like Lafluer/Rodgers got them their jobs.

You very well could be right about the last sentence.  But for the sake of The Bears and Field's development I'm hoping Getsy is rushing the ball because the receiving corp is that bad. 

I've read many a time Getsy was going to make the O run oriented.  Its a stretch but it could be he is working within the strengths of this season's unit and when.... or if? Poles gets more talent Luke will show more of his passing plays?

I want this regime to work out so I really hope its that.

28 minutes ago, FosterTheSkins said:

You very well could be right about the last sentence.  But for the sake of The Bears and Field's development I'm hoping Getsy is rushing the ball because the receiving corp is that bad. 

I've read many a time Getsy was going to make the O run oriented.  Its a stretch but it could be he is working within the strengths of this season's unit and when.... or if? Poles gets more talent Luke will show more of his passing plays?

I am concerned we hired Lovie Eberfox.

Flus has all the hallmarks of a boring/conservative defensive coach that we have seen for years.

1 hour ago, FosterTheSkins said:

And this is a very fair point to make and something I've thought about too.

During the offseason we didn't know what scheme Getsy was going to run. It was all guess work.  He came up under Hackett/Lefleur in GB and so naturally the first thought was that he was going to bring over some of the same things GB runs.  But if I'm not mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this months back) Lafleur's offense is heavily inspired by Shanny's offense (which is why I started to like the hire a little more) and Shanny does have a run-first offense. 

So maybe Getsy is actually trying to run more of Shanny's style of offense than Lefleur's until he gets the weapons he needs to run Lefluers version of Shanny's offense.  Which would make sense since we're running so much more than passing. And let's be honest, if this is truly his goal for the time being, then we can't knock the results because the run game is working --save for today without Monty and with Ebner who has slow feet and has trouble finding the right open lane on option runs.

However, with all that said, Shanny doesn't WANT to have a run first offense but he's FORCED to run it. He's forced to run it to hide JG's flaws as a QB. And let's be perfectly honest here..... JG's ceiling is nothing more than high level backup QB. And for Getsy to treat Fields like his ceiling is as low as JGs is total disrespect in every sense of the word. Which is exactly what we're seeing from in his piss poor conservative play calling. No faith whatsoever.

Fields publicly stated he didn't want to be coddled and this staff is doing just that.

Let the man the loose. Find out if he can make those big time throws in crunch time at the half with throws from the numbers to sideline. Find out if he can elevate the players around him. Find out if Mooney is a true #1 or not. Find out if Kmet is the answer at TE or not. Find out if you (as a coach) can take these nobody free agents or UDFAs and turn them into something useful. At least find out SOMETHING. You can't do this by only passing the ball 17 times a game.

Sure, he doesn't have the best targets to throw to, but you can atleast try to kill about 5 birds with one stone in a dead season. You know your not going to win with this roster anyhow and so why not play for nothing and at least get the most out of it?

Edited by JAF-N72EX

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am concerned we hired Lovie Eberfox.

Flus has all the hallmarks of a boring/conservative defensive coach that we have seen for years.

I keep saying it. Eberflus/getsy look worse than Nagy and Desai.

That's sad.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Watching preseason how is Mustipher better option than Dieter at C?   I don't get this evaluation.   Yes he had a few bad snaps.  So did Whitehair when he was initially moved to center.   He had many.  And his gun snaps were slow for a whole season.  

Dieter is strong at point of attack, he doesn't get bullied like Mustipher.  He had a number of highlight blocks in preseason.   You can fix a snap with reps.  High school coaches have to do it all the time all over the country.  

I don't get it this obsession with playing Mustipher.   He is an emergency back up level player.

Frankly I don't get why we treat Patrick like he is some all pro player either.   Packers didn't even consider him one of their best 5.

Which is much of our offense.  We got cast offs from other teams at multiple positions.

There isn't one player on our offense we out bid another team who really wanted him for his services.  They were all just sitting there.

We tried with one player with Buffalo and lost.

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i dont like how the helmets are a darker shade of blue than the jerseys tho. other than that, agreed

The Bears need to change their OL back to their throwbacks. I don't like how this OL looks like it's setting up to passblock and then doesn't.