TNF: Miami @ Cincinnati

Sad People

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh get off it. All you people looking for someone to be mad at are all hypocrites. Who do you go after? Ross and the medical staff. Because you don’t know the medical staff and you don’t like Ross. But Tua’s direct supervisor who actually let him go on the field no one mentions at all. Because people like McDaniel. And anytime something happens and people form their dorky Twitter mobs and go on their dorky witch hunts, they just go after people they don’t like.

Player:  yeah I'm ok.

Team:  yeah you're ok.

Doctors:   well if you feel ok, then you're ok

Really?...is it that hard to see how players get abused?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

One easy one is to either have team doctors report through some outsourced 3rd party compleely separate from the league/teams instead of being a team employees, or unionize them and have them be judged according to a CBA. Get rid of any potential influence from teams in the decision making.

funny thing is, they already do have a 3rd party physician assigned by the league that has to be on board with a player clearing the concussion protocol, the call isn't just with the team doctors.

i hope who exactly was on-board with clearing him does eventually come to light and the extent of the negligence (and perhaps outright malpractice).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oh get off it. All you people looking for someone to be mad at are all hypocrites. Who do you go after? Ross and the medical staff. Because you don’t know the medical staff and you don’t like Ross. But Tua’s direct supervisor who actually let him go on the field no one mentions at all. Because people like McDaniel. And anytime something happens and people form their dorky Twitter mobs and go on their dorky witch hunts, they just go after people they don’t like.

they should study your brain for science

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I won't speak for everyone but some of us, like myself, have no hate or ties whatsoever to Ross, the med team, or anyone else in particular and do not care what does or doesn't happened to them. So save the predetermined hate angle.  Personally,  I don't care who is responsible, but someone(s) is, and I want they/them to be held responsible and for the NFL and NFLPA to use this situation as point of reference to make changes like they should have with Ryan Shazier.

• Like 4

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I won't speak for everyone but some of us, like myself, have no hate or ties whatsoever to Ross, the med team, or anyone else in particular and do not care what does or doesn't happened to them. So save the predetermined hate angle.  Personally,  I don't care who is responsible, but someone(s) is, and I want they/them to be held responsible and for the NFL and NFLPA to use this situation as point of reference to make changes like they should have with Ryan Shazier.

All I care about is that there is a man in bad condition when he shouldn't be. That's it and that's all. Nothing more.

Here's an interesting quote from an article I found on NFL.com about The Zackery Lystedt Law:

..."If I could tell youth athletes one thing, it would be to take care of your health. If you're suspected of having a concussion, don't go back into the game, no matter how you feel when the adrenaline is flowing."...

...On January 11, 2012, Commissioner Goodell and NCAA President Mark Emmert sent letters to 19 governors, charging them to protect youth athletes in their state through the passage of legislation. In the letters, Commissioner Goodell stated his belief that sports and political leaders can help raise awareness of concussions while ensuring proper and effective treatment...

A quick summary of Zackery Lystedt's story:

During a game on October 12, 2006, Zackery fell to the ground while tackling an opponent and suffered a brain injury, after which he was sidelined for the rest of the quarter.

At the beginning of the next quarter, Zack returned to the field and finished playing the game. As the officials blew the last whistle, he collapsed to the ground and was evacuated to a medical facility where he underwent emergency brain surgery to remove parts of his skull. He experienced brain swelling, multiple strokes, and spent seven days of an artificial respirator. After years of arduous rehabilitation, Zack was able to speak, move his limbs, and stand on his own two feet.

Medical experts and leading authorities believe that returning to the game prematurely resulted in a severe brain injury. It’s likely that Zack suffered a concussion or similar injury during the first collision and returning to the game without proper medical clearance may have worsened the damage.