Week 5: Giants @ Packers - Football is coming home (9.30 ET)

Brit Pack

23 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Is Jones gonna play or are they gonna let Saquon run the wildcat offense the entire game?

Think its gonna be a game time decision. He wasn't hurt as bad as was thought. But they wrapped his ankle for the end of the game last week to try to finish it out. All he did was hand off the ball. They've not made a call yet as to if he plays or not. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, R T said:

What? Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!!!

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' get tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go!  

Like the optimism. We'll see how it goes. 

MLF and his coaches have always been committed to soft prevent defense.  But I recall one game two years ago against Tennessee where they made an adjustment, and crowded the box and stifled Henry and the vaunted-at-that-time Tennessee run game.  

I wonder if they'll make any stop-the-run adjustments?  Or just stick with what they do?  

Given how strong our 3rd-down defense has been, part of me thinks crowding the box on 1st down could be a good way to force teams into some 2nd-and-7 instead of so routinely giving them 5-6 yards on first downs.  

36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's a line from a classic American comedy, "Animal House!" 

0 QB rating is referred to as a Blutarsky too. I wonder if he ever saw that before and was lost haha

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, craig said:

MLF and his coaches have always been committed to soft prevent defense.  But I recall one game two years ago against Tennessee where they made an adjustment, and crowded the box and stifled Henry and the vaunted-at-that-time Tennessee run game.  

I wonder if they'll make any stop-the-run adjustments?  Or just stick with what they do?  

Given how strong our 3rd-down defense has been, part of me thinks crowding the box on 1st down could be a good way to force teams into some 2nd-and-7 instead of so routinely giving them 5-6 yards on first downs.  

I feel like it's a yearly thing  going back to when we had Pettine where Lafleur had to tell them to play more guys in the box lol

5 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

this is one game im already chalking up as an L for us. our squad is heavily banged up. 

The Giants have been a lot more formidable than I would have expected this year. It's too bad that we won't be able to see how your team is at full strength.  

NFC is a bit unpredictable this year, I wouldn't be shocked to face off again in the postseason. 

• Like 1

Giants look like a walking M*A*S*H unit on today's injury report. 

NEW YORK GIANTS

Table - Injury report
Player Position Injury Wed Thu Fri Game Status
Cor'Dale Flott
DB Calf DNP     (-)
Kenny Golladay
WR Knee DNP     (-)
Richie James
WR Ankle DNP     (-)
Daniel Jones
QB Ankle LP     (-)
Julian Love