Week 5: Giants @ Packers - Football is coming home (9.30 ET)

Brit Pack

If nothing else this week, I just hope Barry understands that the Giants literally have one player on offense who can hurt us and he happens to be the leading rusher in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe, focus on stopping the run game. Thank you. - Concerned Packers Fan.

• Like 1

So...through 4 weeks.

1NT by our secondary?  JA

5 sacks by Gary.  6 by the rest of the team.

We are giving up a lot of yards via the run.

And we are now facing a team with the best RB we will have played this season.  And if Jones plays, a very, very nimble and fast QB.

This should be a blowout, but they are going to give us fits.  They are going to control the ball and play mistake free on offense. 

And they will hang around until 5 minutes left in the game.

I wish I saw it coming down another way, but what they do best on offense is what we do worst on defense.

And let's face it, our offense is meh at best.

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Hadn't planned to. Are you? Would be great to get a meet up on Saturday for any guys on this forum who are down in London town

Sadly not possible for me. I'd have really liked to meet both you and him (and Behnke). I used to live in London (like 50 years ago) so I know, or knew, the area around Soho a bit.

In the old days there was a shop or two around there, where you might be able get draft and preseason football magazines, so I travelled up to London annually a few times after I had moved to Bristol, to try and find them (information about the teams and especially the draft, was hugely less 20 years ago, than it is now). 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If nothing else this week, I just hope Barry understands that the Giants literally have one player on offense who can hurt us and he happens to be the leading rusher in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe, focus on stopping the run game. Thank you. - Concerned Packers Fan.

Reminds me of the old Adrian Peterson Viking days.  Just stop him and we win.  159 yards and 3 tds later......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

A good start would be for Barry and co to stop thinking that Dean Lowry can eat double teams successfully

If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot we are the best team in the NFC. I really wish we were able to get juju over Watkins. The dude is never available. JuJu > MVS . If we get Odell and he's nearly full go it's an absolute game changer just like it was for the rams last year. 

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Really can’t do this on Sunday morning and expect the defense to stop Saquan.

Maybe I'm confused but it looks like he says Marcus Cannon is in there in his reply tweet and I swear to **** he is not

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Maybe I'm confused but it looks like he says Marcus Cannon is in there in his reply tweet and I swear to **** he is not

You’re referring to his sub-tweet below, and I can’t tell if he’s in there either, but Lowry was getting doubled up quite a bit.