MNF: Rams @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

Oh boy, rematch of the NFC title game. Which one of these QBs will lead their team to victory, and what quarter is Jimmy going to make his dumbheaded INT, will jimmy complete the trifecta and butt fumble? Find out this week on Dra…MNF

Edited by Manny/Patrick

No Trent Williams is a huge blow I'm sure the Rams will look to exploit. 49ers survived the final week of the season last year on the road without him, but it will probably be a huge issue. Brunskill I think is playing, and even though he's had success against Donald strangely, that trend continuing is probably a fleeting fantasy.

The 49ers defense has been sensational the first three weeks, but this will be the best offense they'll have faced. Might get scrapped up a bit more. 

Jimmy G will have a better game, but that doesn't mean great game. Hopefully it's enough. Hard to do worse than what happened in Denver. Kyle needs to get Kittle involved more even if it's force-fed. The offense is yet again hurting for running back help even though Shanahan grabs 100 runningbacks every offseason. Hey at least coach Bobby Turner came back? 

Vegas likes the 49ers by a hair strangely given the fallout from the past week. The public opinion I'm guessing is heavy on the Rams. Even at 1-2, it feels like the 49ers are already backed into a corner. Another primetime game, and a home loss to a division rival will further bury this team with Shanahan and Jimmy walking the plank. I've got to go with my boys here 30-20 I think I said in the team forum. Might as well. Go squad :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

If the Rams win, I think the difference in the game is going to be Bobby Wagner. The 49ers have taken advantage the last several matchups on the weak Rams ILBs. Even though he's lost a step, he's still significantly better than Troy Reeder.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to terrorize Jimbo over the middle. Something I'm wondering is if the 49ers go shotgun heavy like they did in the first matchup last year. Probably just an anomaly that it worked, and I can't remember the amount of times it happened in games 2 and 3. But Jimmy seemed better then. 

I have the Niners winning. They are at home, they have won 6 straight regular season games against the Rams, and the Niners need this game the most. They can’t fall behind the Rams basically 3 games (two in loss column and head to head). Then they would also be in last place in the division as well.

The Rams OL is more banged up than the Niners which could play a big factor in the Niners winning this game. Plus even though this game isn’t for the chance to go to the Superbowl I think the Niners want to get some measure of revenge for losing the NFCCG.

I just hope it’s a close loss rather than a dominating blowout. Rams just need to have a chance to win in the 4th that’s all I ask for every game. But ultimately again I have the Niners winning at home. 

Rams stop the run, rams win. 

Rams don't stop the run, I think the niners have a pretty good shot. 

Shanny is going to try and run the ball 45 times again this year like he did last year in that first game between the two of them. 

I say this with all honesty and sincerity.

I am blown away that people think we can win this game.

With both teams at full strength and the Rams at home, I think we would probably win.

But we are missing three CBs, two starting offensive linemen and are on the road, in primetime playing against a desperate team. We saw this script last year and the Rams were healthier - and playing better overall - and got destroyed.

The way we compensated for the missing CBs was infuriating and would play directly into the Niners hands.

Nick Bosa is going to feast tonight. And it will be ugly. I can't imagine the Rams offense scoring in this game....I think it'll probably resemble the first game in 2019, with a final score of something like 20-6 - but that's assuming our defense shows up, which is not a guarantee.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I say this with all honesty and sincerity.

I am blown away that people think we can win this game.

With both teams at full strength and the Rams at home, I think we would probably win.

But we are missing three CBs, two starting offensive linemen and are on the road, in primetime playing against a desperate team. We saw this script last year and the Rams were healthier - and playing better overall - and got destroyed.

The way we compensated for the missing CBs was infuriating and would play directly into the Niners hands.

Nick Bosa is going to feast tonight. And it will be ugly. I can't imagine the Rams offense scoring in this game....I think it'll probably resemble the first game in 2019, with a final score of something like 20-6 - but that's assuming our defense shows up, which is not a guarantee.

The Niners are also hurt. If we lose, it is not going to be due to injuries. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

If you lose it's because Stafford threw a few interceptions and the 49ers' defenses put points on the board. Also, you stop the run 49ers offense and can't move the ball at all. 

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I didn't mean to imply that - I don't think we will win in SF for the foreseeable future regardless.

I just keep seeing people talking about Trent Williams - and it should be noted that I believe they were without him for the aforementioned 31-10 beatdown last year - but we're also banged up and our OL has zero chance tonight.