MNF: Rams @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

13 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I didn't mean to imply that - I don't think we will win in SF for the foreseeable future regardless.

I just keep seeing people talking about Trent Williams - and it should be noted that I believe they were without him for the aforementioned 31-10 beatdown last year - but we're also banged up and our OL has zero chance tonight.

Trent played in the first game the niners won 31-10. He missed the finale in week 18 and the 49ers very nearly lost that game because Colton McKivitz gave up a very important sack at the very end of the game. If McVay doesn't go run / run / run, the lack of Trent Williams in that second game very likely results in them losing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Trent played in the first game the niners won 31-10. He missed the finale in week 18 and the 49ers very nearly lost that game because Colton McKivitz gave up a very important sack at the very end of the game. If McVay doesn't go run / run / run, the lack of Trent Williams in that second game very likely results in them losing. 

Thanks. I knew he was out for one win.

That sack was given up to Von Miller who was just super clutch...other than that sack, there was very little pass rush the entire game. Fair to wonder if Miller makes that play regardless.

53 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If you lose it's because Stafford threw a few interceptions and the 49ers' defenses put points on the board. Also, you stop the run 49ers offense and can't move the ball at all. 

I disagree. I think there's several paths to 49ers victory that don't involve bad Stafford plays. Obviously Jimmy would have to be better than last week but it's hard to get any worse than that. Deebo has always torched us and we've struggled to guard the middle of the field. I'm optimistic that changes but it's definitely not a certainty. 

Though, I do think it is likely Stafford struggles. I just hope his struggles aren't compounded with costly turnovers. 

Rams/Niners games are tough to pick. Like usual, I expect the Rams to win this one. That said, it means nothing in this matchup. Jimmy G seems to ONLY like playing the Rams. He, to me, is absolute doodoo.. but he turns into Tom Brady when he plays the Rams. Deebo has killed us as well, but I do expect Bobby wagner to help out in that aspect. I truly think Wagner was brought in specifically for this matchup. The Rams are pretty beat up in the secondary and Oline.. which could be a matchup nightmare against the Niners front 7.

If Stafford is harassed all day, this could be a 13-10 ball game. Could go either way. That said, I’ll let my homerism take over and say Rams win 27-17. I’m hoping the Oline holds up and doesn’t allow more than 2 sacks all night. I do think the defense scores one tonight. The Niners offense hasn’t looked very good.. but I’m just hoping Brady doesn’t show up again. 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Rams/Niners games are tough to pick. Like usual, I expect the Rams to win this one. That said, it means nothing in this matchup. Jimmy G seems to ONLY like playing the Rams. He, to me, is absolute doodoo.. but he turns into Tom Brady when he plays the Rams. Deebo has killed us as well, but I do expect Bobby wagner to help out in that aspect. I truly think Wagner was brought in specifically for this matchup. The Rams are pretty beat up in the secondary and Oline.. which could be a matchup nightmare against the Niners front 7.

If Stafford is harassed all day, this could be a 13-10 ball game. Could go either way. That said, I’ll let my homerism take over and say Rams win 27-17. I’m hoping the Oline holds up and doesn’t allow more than 2 sacks all night. I do think the defense scores one tonight. The Niners offense hasn’t looked very good.. but I’m just hoping Brady doesn’t show up again. 

You think the Niners will handle the Skow wrinkle lined up at fullback and all over the place? That could be a factor if the Niners can’t stop Skow on some big plays. 

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You think the Niners will handle the Skow wrinkle lined up at fullback and all over the place? That could be a factor if the Niners can’t stop Skow on some big plays. 

I think the Niners are familiar with Juszczyk Doing similar things. I could be wrong but they should be a little more prepared for it than other teams.. especially now that they know La is having success with it. Would be awesome to see him have a good game though 

• Like 1