MNF: Rams @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

Gonna go out on a limb and say Odell and his Agent are licking thier chops in anticipation of getting paid. 

I get injuries,  but thats 3 out of 4 gms, and it took a Falcons 4th qt collapse to not make it 4 for 4 struggling on offense.  

Just saying 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I could eat crow about this but I would be fairly shocked if the Cowboys even hold a lead against us next week, and they're 3-1.

I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers randomly beat the Niners next week.

Our defense is too good to lose that game but the Panthers defense is also good sooooooo I can see it being close and coming down to the wire.

49ers defense has allowed 37 points in 4 games this season. Not bad, not bad at all! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say Odell and his Agent are licking thier chops in anticipation of getting paid. 

I get injuries,  but thats 3 out of 4 gms, and it took a Falcons 4th qt collapse to not make it 4 for 4 struggling on offense.  

Just saying 

What are you talking about? It was 28-3 in the third quarter against the Falcons. We had the 4th quarter collapse in the Falcons game. And the offense looked fine against Arizona. Akers fumbled on the goalline to stop us from going up 27-9. The Cardinals spent the vast majority of the second half eating up tons of clock while trailing. We only ran 46 offensive plays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It sucks that FO appears to be going to a pay model for all their stats

Me either.  As a member for 15 years I've addressed this to them. Especially last year when they wanted to charge 150 dollars a year.  No way was I going to pay that and I was vocal about it.  I was I okay with 40/year.  The reason I got was because of the Disney (who owns ESPN) and the FO contract that allowed ESPN+ members to view the articles that used FO's content. That didn't sit well with the FO staff and they toned it down.

10 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Heading into this game, the Rams offense have faced 3 of the top 4 defenses in the league in DVOA.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-defense/2022/regular

SF RK1  -29.6%

BUF RK2  -28.9%

TB  RK4  -20.9%

It doesn't get much easier going forward.  The year-start Strength of Schedule that was so cushy in 2021 (QB:2nd softest, RB:2nd, WR:1st, TE:3rd) is brutal this year (QB:26th, RB:29th, WR:23rd, TE:32nd). 

None of this is surprising;  geeks have faded Rams this year.  While the 49ers have the frustrating tendency to play up or down to the level of their opponents, the expression "rabbit fighters" is being bandied about in referring to the Rams.

4 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

It doesn't get much easier going forward.  The year-start Strength of Schedule that was so cushy in 2021 (QB:2nd softest, RB:2nd, WR:1st, TE:3rd) is brutal this year (QB:26th, RB:29th, WR:23rd, TE:32nd). 

None of this is surprising;  geeks have faded Rams this year.  While the 49ers have the frustrating tendency to play up or down to the level of their opponents, the expression "rabbit fighters" is being bandied about in referring to the Rams.

This is NFL balance at it's finest.  If your team finishes 1st in the division one year then they are going to face the hardest teams in each division the next season. And as we all know, no team stays the same.  See Jags.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I didn't even realize Mahomes was 9-0 for Broncos.  Sheesh

Travis Kelce is the only current Chief that has ever lost to the Broncos in a Chiefs uniform. The top players on each side of the last matchup KC lost were Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles. Tamba Hali and Demarcus Ware were still starting edge rushers for the two teams. Marcus Peters was a rookie.

It's been a good run.