MNF: Rams @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't care where teams ranked last year.  That's all irrelevant.  I don't know why some fans still cling to this notion like every team is the same from year to year (i.e the BS schedule).

My point is, fans don't seem to understand that playing a division rival is much tougher than other opponents and when they have a great defense then your offense is not going to look as good.  Especially on the road.  

How do you keep missing the point of the post?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

He literally just posted all 3 prior games.  The Rams offense is struggling at the moment as are the other top teams from last year in the NFC.  Bucs offense struggled due to injuries,  Rams offense struggled due to injuries/losing players, Packers struggled due to losing players, etc...

I think the Rams offense had their chances tonight. They moved the ball they just couldnt finish. Twice in the goal line and didnt come away with tds. Thats not a McVay led offense. The Rams offense in general need to get ARob going. Kupp is the best receiver in the league and I love what Higbee be is doing but everyone knows Kupp is going to get his, someone else need to step up. Thats what I was always critical with the Saints only having Thomas and no other receiver in the Payton/Brees era. Now they have Olave paired with Thomas but there is no Payton calling the plays and no Brees at QB.

I do think ARob will finally get going it just takes time. As I mentioned before, when OBJ got to the Rams his regular season (8 games) he was averaging like 3 catches 35yds and the only thing anyone hung their hat on was his 5 tds. It took until the playoffs which was the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th games for him to finally get that connection with Stafford and start going off consistently. So Im believing that ARob big day is coming. It will be in the 2nd half of the season. Possibly coming off the BYE against the Niners in Sofi but if not then it could be against Tampa the following week. The Rams receivers love to play the Bucs. Whether its Kupp, Woods, OBJ, or even DJax Week 3 of last season. So once ARob has that break out game I think he will be more consistent. Then the Rams also need the running game going. Akers need to be more involved bc he cant get going with a few touches. No back can get going with few touches.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If I was a Rams fan, I'm not worried about it unless the injuries keep piling up.

Just have to get to the playoffs is what I keep telling myself lol they looked like this 3-4 times last year before heating up. Like you said though.. the injuries have to stop piling up 

Great win for the Niners though. They continue to own the Rams. Im just glad we beat the Niners when it mattered the most which is in the playoffs. Ill take a loss in Week 4 if it means the Rams can beat the Niners in the NFCCG or at some point in the playoffs. Just like we did Arizona last season them beating the Rams Week 4 and then we stomped them in the Wildcard Round.

10 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I could eat crow about this but I would be fairly shocked if the Cowboys even hold a lead against us next week, and they're 3-1.

I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers randomly beat the Niners next week.

Please beat the 4-0 Red Ginger Game Manager. Thanks

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I do think ARob will finally get going it just takes time. As I mentioned before, when OBJ got to the Rams his regular season (8 games) he was averaging like 3 catches 35yds and the only thing anyone hung their hat on was his 5 tds. It took until the playoffs which was the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th games for him to finally get that connection with Stafford and start going off consistently. So Im believing that ARob big day is coming. It will be in the 2nd half of the season. Possibly coming off the BYE against the Niners in Sofi but if not then it could be against Tampa the following week.

OBJ didn’t have an entire off season with the Rams. Robinson has not been good so far and that’s all it is. Sure, he can come alive at some point, but this isn’t an excuse for how bad he’s been. It kills me since I’m a huge PSU fan and was so excited… but this guy is not the Allen Robinson I’ve watched for years. 

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Quality clapback with the jackals at the door. THIS PLEASES TECHMO. Squad needed this win. 5 more days of oxygen with coach and QB getting a furlough from the village of outcasts. 

The defense is looking mighty nice. On to Carolina. 

Did you just spell your own username wrong? 😉

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Great win for the Niners though. They continue to own the Rams. Im just glad we beat the Niners when it mattered the most which is in the playoffs. Ill take a loss in Week 4 if it means the Rams can beat the Niners in the NFCCG or at some point in the playoffs. Just like we did Arizona last season them beating the Rams Week 4 and then we stomped them in the Wildcard Round.

Don't get slick trick. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nope, re read my post. Get back to me.

10 pts

20pts

9pts

That 20pts and 9pts is misleading. The Rams had a chance to score 27pts but Akers fumbled trying to reach the ball in the endzone.

Tonight the Rams were moving the ball up and down the field. Had two chances at the goal line but couldnt convert. Thats not a McVay type of offense to keep coming up short at the goal line. So I can see if the Rams struggled to move the ball and thus not scoring. That Bills game I agree the Rams had trouble converting 3rd downs and moving the ball all game long but these past three games they were moving the ball its just really this particular game they couldnt score at the goal line. The Rams dont have a Broncos type issue at the goal line its just tonight they didnt execute like they normally do to come away with 7 instead of 3.