MNF: Rams @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

5 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Will never get tired of Ramsey being emasculated. Seems a common event these days. Salt clown. 

Not that common lately. He had a bad week 1 and really started playing lights out since. He missed a tackle on one of the toughest players to bring down in the league. Still a top corner and the best tackling corner in the league. Even Ray Lewis missed tackles lol haters like you crack me up, you don’t even know the guy but you’ll let him dictate how you feel on a daily basis. Talk about salt clown

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Not that common lately. He had a bad week 1 and really started playing lights out since. He missed a tackle on one of the toughest players to bring down in the league. Still a top corner and the best tackling corner in the league. Even Ray Lewis missed tackles lol haters like you crack me up, you don’t even know the guy but you’ll let him dictate how you feel on a daily basis. Talk about salt clown

The ignore feature was made for posters like him tbh. I don't even think Ramsey was targeted yesterday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Heading into this game, the Rams offense have faced 3 of the top 4 defenses in the league in DVOA.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-defense/2022/regular

SF RK1  -29.6%

BUF RK2  -28.9%

TB  RK4  -20.9%

The Rams did not face the Bucs though. They have faced the Bills/Falcons/Cardinals/Niners. The Cardinals/Falcons rank in the bottom 10 defensively in DVOA. The two games against the top 4 defenses, the Rams have combined to score 19 points and averaged 3.7/3.5 YPP. The Rams had some bad luck only scoring 20 points against the Cardinals as they averaged 7.1 YPP but overall the offense has been middle of the pack thus far. That can change but the team needs another option on the outside. Right now it is just Kupp or bust and as good as Kupp is, he's averaging less than 10 YPR and everything is underneath. This team is not getting any explosive plays. Stafford was lucky not to throw 3 or 4 INTs last night and it's going to be the same story against the top defenses until they start to either get a consistent run game or start finding ways to produce explosive plays.

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think the Rams offense had their chances tonight. They moved the ball they just couldnt finish. Twice in the goal line and didnt come away with tds. Thats not a McVay led offense. The Rams offense in general need to get ARob going. Kupp is the best receiver in the league and I love what Higbee be is doing but everyone knows Kupp is going to get his, someone else need to step up. Thats what I was always critical with the Saints only having Thomas and no other receiver in the Payton/Brees era. Now they have Olave paired with Thomas but there is no Payton calling the plays and no Brees at QB.

I do think ARob will finally get going it just takes time. As I mentioned before, when OBJ got to the Rams his regular season (8 games) he was averaging like 3 catches 35yds and the only thing anyone hung their hat on was his 5 tds. It took until the playoffs which was the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th games for him to finally get that connection with Stafford and start going off consistently. So Im believing that ARob big day is coming. It will be in the 2nd half of the season. Possibly coming off the BYE against the Niners in Sofi but if not then it could be against Tampa the following week. The Rams receivers love to play the Bucs. Whether its Kupp, Woods, OBJ, or even DJax Week 3 of last season. So once ARob has that break out game I think he will be more consistent. Then the Rams also need the running game going. Akers need to be more involved bc he cant get going with a few touches. No back can get going with few touches.

I mean the offense averaged 3.5 YPP. Stafford could have easily had 3 or 4 INTs. While you guys did have some scoring opportunities, four or your drives ended with 10 yards or less. Stafford averaged 5.3 YPA while the running game averaged 3.2 YPC. I'm sorry, but you can spin it anyway you want, the offense was not good....like at all lol. You guys had the ball for nearly 35 minutes and only came away with 257 yards. That's extremely difficult to do.

But as mentioned already, you guys have played the two best defenses thus far and have struggled while having success against the the two opponents. That makes this offense middle of the pack and that matches the eye test. The team just lacks explosive plays and a consistent run game. Once one of those two things change, the offense will be better. Until then, it's just average and has gotten overwhelmed against the Bills and Niners. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the offense averaged 3.5 YPP. Stafford could have easily had 3 or 4 INTs. While you guys did have some scoring opportunities, four or your drives ended with 10 yards or less. Stafford averaged 5.3 YPA while the running game averaged 3.2 YPC. I'm sorry, but you can spin it anyway you want, the offense was not good....like at all lol. You guys had the ball for nearly 35 minutes and only came away with 257 yards. That's extremely difficult to do.

But as mentioned already, you guys have played the two best defenses thus far and have struggled while having success against the the two opponents. That makes this offense middle of the pack and that matches the eye test. The team just lacks explosive plays and a consistent run game. Once one of those two things change, the offense will be better. Until then, it's just average and has gotten overwhelmed against the Bills and Niners. 

I definitely agree with you on the Rams lack of big plays. Still though the Rams had scoring chances in the redzone and even goal line and didnt capitalize. I felt like the Bills game the Rams didnt show up in the 2nd half. The Niners game it was a 14-6 game and the Rams was on the goal line and had to settle for a field goal. Then the Niners went down and kicked a field goal to extend the lead to 17-9 and when the Rams moved the ball again Stafford threw a pick 6 which sealed the game.

I personally wouldnt overreact though. Last season when the Rams won the Superbowl they got smacked around by the Titans on SNF, then got smacked around by the Niners on MNF, then had a BYE and got beat by double digits by the Packers. So three straight big losses and then struggled to beat the Vikings and Lamar-less and banged up defense Ravens. Oh and they blew a 17pt lead last game of the season to the Niners. They had injuries too entering the playoffs that they had to get Weddle off the couch to come play. Plus Whitworth missed the Bucs game. Rams still managed to win the Superbowl. Now Im not saying that will happen again but all Im saying is to not write off the Rams. Not saying you are but I hear most are.

The Niners have the Rams number just like the Saints have the Bucs number. They swept the Bucs last season who was the defending Superbowl champs with backup QBs. Its just one of those matchups that doesnt favor the Rams. So I dont take away much from the Rams when they play the Niners. Just like I dont take much away from them when they play the Cards bc they own the Cards. We will learn alot from the Rams against the Cowboys on Sunday for sure. If the Cowboys dominate and win then Ill be alarmed. If the Rams win then Ill be like thats what I expected the Rams will be fine. They just need to get healthy and get ARob in sync when the playoffs start. OBJ hopefully will be back and have him healthy and ready for the playoffs and the Rams should be in good shape to try to make another playoff run in the NFC.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I definitely agree with you on the Rams lack of big plays. Still though the Rams had scoring chances in the redzone and even goal line and didnt capitalize. I felt like the Bills game the Rams didnt show up in the 2nd half. The Niners game it was a 14-6 game and the Rams was on the goal line and had to settle for a field goal. Then the Niners went down and kicked a field goal to extend the lead to 17-9 and when the Rams moved the ball again Stafford threw a pick 6 which sealed the game.

I personally wouldnt overreact though. Last season when the Rams won the Superbowl they got smacked around by the Titans on SNF, then got smacked around by the Niners on MNF, then had a BYE and got beat by double digits by the Packers. So three straight big losses and then struggled to beat the Vikings and Lamar-less and banged up defense Ravens. Oh and they blew a 17pt lead last game of the season to the Niners. They had injuries too entering the playoffs that they had to get Weddle off the couch to come play. Plus Whitworth missed the Bucs game. Rams still managed to win the Superbowl. Now Im not saying that will happen again but all Im saying is to not write off the Rams. Not saying you are but I hear most are.

The Niners have the Rams number just like the Saints have the Bucs number. They swept the Bucs last season who was the defending Superbowl champs with backup QBs. Its just one of those matchups that doesnt favor the Rams. So I dont take away much from the Rams when they play the Niners. Just like I dont take much away from them when they play the Cards bc they own the Cards. We will learn alot from the Rams against the Cowboys on Sunday for sure. If the Cowboys dominate and win then Ill be alarmed. If the Rams win then Ill be like thats what I expected the Rams will be fine. They just need to get healthy and get ARob in sync when the playoffs start. OBJ hopefully will be back and have him healthy and ready for the playoffs and the Rams should be in good shape to try to make another playoff run in the NFC.

Every team is going to have scoring chances lol. You will not take advantage of all your scoring opportunities and it matters more in getting consistent drives in the RZ and then going from there. The 49ers were all the way at the one yard line on first and goal and ended up settling for a FG and then Gould missed a 42 yard FG. Trust me, both can play that game. The 49ers coming away with a FG with a first and goal from the 1 yard line is worse than anything that happened to the Rams. 

On the first Rams drive, they only got the 18 yard line. On the second RZ trip, the Rams only made it the 9 yard line. The third RZ trip they only got to the 7 yard line but Stafford missed a TD to Higbee. So that was the one true opportunity missed. The others you got inside the RZ but never truly close to the end zone. 

I never said the Rams are done and won't be there at the end. They will always have a chance since they handle business against bad teams. There are two teams in the division that are bad or mediocre and the Rams will win all four of those games...Have already beat the Cardinals once, and you guys still have the Panthers so that will be win. Just off the division wins, plus the Panthers/Falcons, the Rams will have six guaranteed wins. I fully expect them to get four more wins elsewhere and make the playoffs.

BUT, to try to act like the offense had all these scoring chances and they were fine is just flat out wrong. They got dominated and were dropped INTs from this game being even worse. You can't sugarcoat a game where your offense averaged 3.5 YPP. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Every team is going to have scoring chances lol. You will not take advantage of all your scoring opportunities and it matters more in getting consistent drives in the RZ and then going from there. The 49ers were all the way at the one yard line on first and goal and ended up settling for a FG and then Gould missed a 42 yard FG. Trust me, both can play that game. The 49ers coming away with a FG with a first and goal from the 1 yard line is worse than anything that happened to the Rams. 

On the first Rams drive, they only got the 18 yard line. On the second RZ trip, the Rams only made it the 9 yard line. The third RZ trip they only got to the 7 yard line but Stafford missed a TD to Higbee. So that was the one true opportunity missed. The others you got inside the RZ but never truly close to the end zone. 

I never said the Rams are done and won't be there at the end. They will always have a chance since they handle business against bad teams. There are two teams in the division that are bad or mediocre and the Rams will win all four of those games...Have already beat the Cardinals once, and you guys still have the Panthers so that will be win. Just off the division wins, plus the Panthers/Falcons, the Rams will have six guaranteed wins. I fully expect them to get four more wins elsewhere and make the playoffs.

BUT, to try to act like the offense had all these scoring chances and they were fine is just flat out wrong. They got dominated and were dropped INTs from this game being even worse. You can't sugarcoat a game where your offense averaged 3.5 YPP. 

Im definitely not trying to sugarcoat things. I just feel like we go through this every season with McVay and the Rams. They will have three or so games where they cant score and they lose. They get beat up front and get physically dominated and they dont run the ball well and then people overreact to the Rams in how they loss. We know the flaws of the Rams but we trust the coach and the culture that is set. The Rams will figure it out. They will get healthy on the OL. The only person I know thats out for the season is Bruss.

Just like you say every team have scoring opportunities, every QB has multiple potential turnovers that the defense dont capitalize on whether its a fumble thats not recovered or a dropped int. Im just saying that I see the Rams issues but its Week 4 going into Week 5. Rams played who I think is the best team in football the Bills Week 1 and the team that matchups up well and owns them in the Niners in Week 4. Im not going out on a limb when I say the Rams are going to struggle again multiple more times this season. Im looking at the Niners again, Im looking at the Packers in Green Bay and the Chiefs in KC. But Im expecting them to play well against the Cowboys on Sunday. Looking at Week 9 Im looking for them to play well against the Bucs which is another team the Rams matchup well against. And I strongly believe the Rams win those games and when they do people will once again say the Rams are back on track and for me Im like they never was off track. They have their issues they need to clean up and most importantly get healthy and I believe they will. So far for me all they have done was lose games I predicted them to lose. I figured the Bills game would be a loss and I expected the Niners with Jimmy G would beat them.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Im definitely not trying to sugarcoat things. I just feel like we go through this every season with McVay and the Rams. They will have three or so games where they cant score and they lose. They get beat up front and get physically dominated and they dont run the ball well and then people overreact to the Rams in how they loss. We know the flaws of the Rams but we trust the coach and the culture that is set. The Rams will figure it out. They will get healthy on the OL. The only person I know thats out for the season is Bruss.

Just like you say every team have scoring opportunities, every QB has multiple potential turnovers that the defense dont capitalize on whether its a fumble thats not recovered or a dropped int. Im just saying that I see the Rams issues but its Week 4 going into Week 5. Rams played who I think is the best team in football the Bills Week 1 and the team that matchups up well and owns them in the Niners in Week 4. Im not going out on a limb when I say the Rams are going to struggle again multiple more times this season. Im looking at the Niners again, Im looking at the Packers in Green Bay and the Chiefs in KC. But Im expecting them to play well against the Cowboys on Sunday. Looking at Week 9 Im looking for them to play well against the Bucs which is another team the Rams matchup well against. And I strongly believe the Rams win those games and when they do people will once again say the Rams are back on track and for me Im like they never was off track. They have their issues they need to clean up and most importantly get healthy and I believe they will. So far for me all they have done was lose games I predicted them to lose. I figured the Bills game would be a loss and I expected the Niners with Jimmy G would beat them.

I mean I think most feel the Rams will be fine and make the playoffs. No one is even questioning that. So far against two top defenses, they have been able to only muster up 19 combined points. That's going to eventually need to change or else they will have an early playoff exit. But every team they play won't have as good of defenses as the Niners and Bills. 

Most teams will have losses where they look overwhelmed and get beat up. It happens, not that big of a deal. 

Again, I'm expecting the Rams to win at least 10 games and make the playoffs. Will they repeat? Who knows, but you just need to make it to the dance and go from there. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen enough this season to know what the season holds: very similar to the 2020 season that saw Goff get traded. 

Awful offensive line play, albeit with back ups, but they can’t consistent keep the door closed. 

None existent run game, keeping us extremely one dimensional. Talking of one dimensional, extremely poor play from our wide receivers outside of Kupp. Robinson looks finished as a player which is sad to see. I really had high hopes. 

Stafford is a forcing the issue because he has to, unfortunately that’s coming back to bite him at a high rate. He will get some, but also give some. 

Soft zone, bend not break, whatever you want to label it means we can’t get off the field in key moments and teams are taking the easy completions. 

McVay doesn’t look like he knows how to stem the bleeding and without any additions, this is going to be our season encapsulated. 

Best case, absolute best case scenario is 10-7. However, I fear this could be more like a 8-9 season with Donald questioning why he ever bothered coming back to play on a team that is so ill-prepared to compete. Disappointing.

I said after Week 1 I wasn't worried about the Rams.  Well, I'm really worried now.   I thought it would take time for the OL to gel, but once it did - systems full-go.

But, here's the problem:

1.   They're down 3 more positions on the OL and down to their 3rd/4th guy on the Week 1 depth chart at 2 of those spots.  That's a crippling loss of talent and it totally neuters the run/pass game ceiling as a result.

2.  Cam Akers has NO juice...and he's missing blocking assigmnments.   Darrell Henderson needs to be the bellcow - but if you make him the bellcow, he'll break.   But he's the 70+ percent snap guy.

3.  Worse, Allen Robinson isn't washed - but he's lost a key amount of vertical separation ability.   He separates in the short-middle area, but that's EXACTLY where Kupp dominates.   So it's not been a great fit.

On D, without David Long, the Rams secondary just doesn't work without pressure, and with no Von Miller, the OL can take Aaron Donald away by double/tripling him.

For all the talk on Stafford's struggles - there are literally 3-4 QB's who could survive the above issues.  Stafford survived some subpar OL play, but this is Bears OL-level badness we're seeing.   And unless your name starts with Patrick, Josh or Justin....well, struggles are going to dominate.   The problem is that there's no quick fix here for the Rams, both on O and on D.

As for the 49ers, maestro D performance, and great gameplan by Kyle Shanahan.   I would point out JimmyG was again the only reason the Rams hung around - even on the Deebo TD, JimmyG tried to get him killed.  And he missed wide open guys and wide open reads (Juice TD) that would have had them comfortably ahead.   Still, he did enough - but that's why it's hard to be optimistic on SF's chances in January - but also why I still had them pegged at 1-3 as making the playoffs after last week's loss (with less room to falter, obv).  Nothing's changed there.    And b4 anyone suggests I'm being revisionist - the Weekly Bets thread had me taking a high-confidence bet on SF ML well before the game started.

Ironically as long as LAR addresses the OL and gets a 2nd vertical / deep area WR to threaten the secondary - they'll be good to go for 2023.   But for 2022, you have to like the 49ers to take the NFCW here (SEA much respect for maxing out limited talent, but it's a mirage, and well, ARI, so many problems to fix overall, and good teams really can neutralize them).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, MDY10 said:

Stay pressed bro. Ramsay is a clown and is shown up by the usual suspects every time.