Week 5 TNF GDT: Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-2)

Broncofan

Who wins the TNF game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the TNF game?

• Indianapolis
    • Denver
    • I just want a good game
    • I just want ppl to have fun
    • Oh god please no more Nathaniel Hackett

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nah, that's on Russ. You're a 10 year QB staring down your first read then lazily throwing over the middle on 4th down? Nahhhhhhhhhh. No way the blame goes elsewhere

As a OC, why are you designing plays that draw 2 WRs in the same spot?

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Russ is looking at first read. That's on the coaching. Especially with a veteran like Russ.

He is a vet. His first read should be dependent on the defense he is seeing. They paid russ all that money and he can't determine who his first read should be based on the defense. I mean Gilmore just picked you off in the endzone 10 minutes ago. Lol. Naw he was just stuck in Sutton and clearly hamler knew that was the problem. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nah, that's on Russ. You're a 10 year QB staring down your first read then lazily throwing over the middle on 4th down? Nahhhhhhhhhh. No way the blame goes elsewhere

Everybody thinks Hackett sucks. But to blame him for that is ridiculous. He had the guy open. He had the right offense to beat that defense. Russ just sucks. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jeudy set up a "rub" on that play so it seems like the ball should've clearly went to KJ due to play design. That's all on Russ.

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

He is a vet. His first read should be dependent on the defense he is seeing. They paid russ all that money and he can't determine who his first read should be based on the defense. I mean Gilmore just picked you off in the endzone 10 minutes ago. Lol. Naw he was just stuck in Sutton and clearly hamler knew that was the problem. 

As I said, I'm not absolving Wilson from any blame. But the Hackett needs to be blamed too.

Just now, dante9876 said:

Everybody thinks Hackett sucks. But to blame him for that is ridiculous. He had the guy open. He had the right offense to beat that defense. Russ just sucks. 

Let's keep it straight - Hackett does suck. He's awful. But yeah he called the right play and had a guy open. I've seen it with Harbaugh/Roman numerous times! Heck, there's an entire thread about it!

Turns out, Russ is worse than Hackett and it's making me think about how much Pete Carrol shielded Russ from any kind of criticism in Seattle.