Week 5 GDT: Raiders @ Chiefs - Just two Baby?

big_palooka

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I've never had a problem with conservative if it wins the ball game. It's all about the right call(whether conservative or aggressive). All mine is that it wasn't the right call nor was it the right situation. And instead of going to overtime where it was pretty clear that the defense didn't want to tackle an Josh Jacobs(very similar to week 17 last year against the Chargers) With the opposing team not having to do anything their last drive and it being on us to have to go back and score again to clean up the mess that was made by not doing the obvious move

You act like OT was a forgon collusion. Raiders punt the ball there with 40 seconds left and KC has all the timeout or 2 of them. 

OT was not guaranteed right there 

man, tough loss. i liked McD being aggressive cant ask for and ***** when it doesnt work out. 

Adams has to catch that, bs call on Koonce, woukd be nice to have someone make a play on defense not named Maxx, can someone cover Kelce in the redzone?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I hated that play call. The defense sold out to stop the run up the middle. Anything on the perimeter or a toss to Jacobs would have went for a big gain. 

Yep. Heck, I don't even need a big gain there (though it would be nice). 

I need 1 yard to get 4 more downs and 15 yards in the next 30 or so seconds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Has anyone said we should've punted?

Well his case was going to OT so how does one go to OT there if the extra point was kicked and it’s tied and the Raiders don’t punt there? 

If you say well go for it on 4th down there as well but then that play to Adams is called where Renfrow does his best Ed Reed impersonation and tackles Adams and KC kicks a FG there to win it. 

Edited by agarcia34

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

You act like OT was a forgon collusion. Raiders punt the ball there with 40 seconds left and KC has all the timeout or 2 of them. 

OT was not guaranteed right there 

so here's the problem though with your premise: if we go for it or don't go for it the result is still the KC can kick a field goal and win. The difference is that with kicking a field goal you ensure that if we stop them(which we did) we would have gone into overtime with the best case scenario is somehow getting into field goal range and being able to kick a field goal of our own. 

Well boys, it was a tough loss but the game was entertaining which is all one could ask for. Not mad at the 2 point play, but I an questioning why we passed 2x to get one yard… we were averaging some crazy like 9 YPC when we had 6 OL in the game. Shouldn’t have got away from that. Kinda ticked at DA, this is not the first time hes bobbled a sideline pass like that (I think in AZ he had a similar one) and why the heck are two of our best guys running I to each other on deep routes, on the most crucial play of the game….When we need one yard…. Little things like that lead me to believe that were an okay team with dangerous weapons, but not yet a GOOD team by any stretch. That was an emotional loss, this will either break the team apart or bring them closer. Praying for the latter…

also side note: I HATE all of the lovey dovey after the game. Emotions were high and I understand being professional but there was wayyyy too much love being spread after that one… 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

We're anti-clutch. Finding ways to lose, be it mental collapses, bad play calling or refs altering the course of the game.

I want to say that a lot of it is so many new pieces. Offense, defense, coaches etc. Just need a little more time to gel and get a feel for each other.

Just my take on the matter. We've improved every week I feel like so use the bye to get that much better and come out hot against easiest opponents