GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

For those who accuse me of being too positive....this game will be bad haha...we literally are rolling out Kyle Gordon and Vildor against Jefferson and Thielen....and as much flack as people give Cousins, he still is a decent vet who knows where to put the ball. Honestly I think they will throw on us so much Gordon or Vildor will even get hurt

I'm hoping we really just develop Fields this game and don't keep running it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

For those who accuse me of being too positive....this game will be bad haha...we literally are rolling out Kyle Gordon and Vildor against Jefferson and Thielen....and as much flack as people give Cousins, he still is a decent vet who knows where to put the ball. Honestly I think they will throw on us so much Gordon or Vildor will even get hurt

The "brightside" of this game is that we may end up down so many points that we are forced to air the ball out and give Fields some passing reps...

That said, our run defense has been so hilariously piss poor, that they may ground game us the entire time too.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, MonserinNC said:

we'd be pleased to help by providing the scenario where he needs to air it out to get points to catch up.....

happy to assist our ursine brothers.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, Epyon said:

The "brightside" of this game is that we may end up down so many points that we are forced to air the ball out and give Fields some passing reps...

That said, our run defense has been so hilariously piss poor, that they may ground game us the entire time too.

You know what... even then Getsy will still run the ball over letting Fields pass.  I guess Luke thinks he can teach how to swim without actually getting in the water?

6 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

You know what... even then Getsy will still run the ball over letting Fields pass.  I guess Luke thinks he can teach how to swim without actually getting in the water?

I have been extremely frustrated with some of Getsy's calls over the weeks but I still find it had to blame any one person or unit for the struggles of this team...yes we would all like to see Getsy call more passing plays but let's remember at times he is calling drop backs and Fields is taking off running...sometimes when he doesn't need too...we have all see the plays where a WR has been wide open and Fields just either hasn't seen it...and that is not to say it is all on Fields because I can totally understand why you would allow your eyes to drop down or your footwork to become sloppy when you have a 300lbs defender throwing your OL out the way and chasing you down...and that isn't too say it is all on the OL because at times Fields holds the ball too long and asking them block for too long...and usually that is because or WRs aren't getting open quickly enough...and what should we expect when on our current roster we don't have a WR making more than $1 million on the year? For context Adam Thielen is making over $11.5 million this season...

I have been frustrated with every unit on this team at one point or another and the coaching staff...then of course it is easy to say Poles didn't do enough in the offseason...but again we have to understand this is a rebuild and a down year to reset and give yourself the chance to build this thing properly next season and more importantly for many seasons to come is something we are all just going to have patience with...it is the right thing to do...now we need to continue to see progression from what we have throughout the season but bottom line is we are going to need to spend next year and get some dudes in the building before we can truly evaluate the likes of Getsy or many others who are now in town. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think we all know we are in for a tough time today...we just need to see some progress...

We also just need to see Sam Mustipher not take a single snap.

Other then the first of my biannual flights of fantasy about beating the Packers and the Giants game this is the attitude I  have tried to have from the start of the season.  Now the part about Mustipher I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

4 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Other then the first of my biannual flights of fantasy about beating the Packers and the Giants game this is the attitude I  have tried to have from the start of the season.  Now the part about Mustipher I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think it is okay to expect both progression and some wins in the same season...I don't think it is just black or white...do I expect to beat the Vikes today? No...but do I expect to beat Washington on Thursday? Yes...both I hope we continue to see progression across the team...

I agree that Mustipher is going to start but for me we are at the stage of knowing what he is which is terrible...I would much rather have Patrick in at centre where I think he will be far better and give Carter a shot at LG to see if he can be something down the line.