2022 FIFA World Cup [Sun, 20 Nov 2022 – Sun, 18 Dec 2022]

Hunter2_1

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It is to Americans, the technicality of its land borders and all the GB UK distinctions/nonsense mean nothing to us in the US. Might as well be a fleshlight floating in the Atlantic Ocean. Churchill and all his island talk played a major part in us latching onto that distinction too. 😆

😂 Just think of the United Kingdom as being split into 4 states, but for historical reasons each of the states are allowed to play as individual countries in a sporting sense…

In fact, now I’m saying this it does sound ridiculous, doesn’t it?

Either way, a small percentage of this silly little island who aren’t English can breathe a sigh of relief, and that’s fine by me.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

The coverage hasn’t been as bad as it was historically. Hard to blame them for being excited anyway considering they've got a team capable of winning it. Shame for them that Southgate will waste the prime of that squad.

I dunno, Lee Dixon was excruciatingly bad on the commentary yesterday. Constant whining about the referee, who btw gave England two penalties.

Guys like Rio Ferdinand and Ian Wright in the studio have no concept of impartiality and continually embarrass themselves.

• Like 1

Argentina vs Netherlands was the game of the WC so far. I can’t believe they let a 2-0 lead slip away

The ref in my opinion, should never ref a game again. Dude was horrible. He made it all about himself and showing authority. It was a tense game and with Argentina being mad about the sh*t talking Netherlands did before and during the game, he did nothing but make it worse. He lost control of that game the second it began. Horrible for both sides, not just one.

Also can’t believe Brazil is out. I’m loving this WC. Going to miss it when it’s over 

Thought England outplayed France for the most part, and the French defenders were surprisingly bad, especially Upamecano. Saka was really dangerous and Declan played great. They've gotta be bummed they didn't capitalize on Kane's prime as much as they could've but with Saka, Foden, Bellingham etc. they've got a nice core for the future at least.

Rooting for an Argentina- France final as I think it will be most entertaining, although Morocco's run has been fun, and clearly they can hang with anyone at this point as a bunker & counter attack team.

OTczMzg5NC5qcGc

Let's go Croatia!

What an amazing country they are.  With a population roughly the same as Los Angeles, here they are in another WC semi final.

Joško Gvardiol has been the best Centre Back in the tournament. The MF of Brozovic, Modric and Kovacic work incredibly hard and are combative. Broz broke the record for distance covered in a game. Easily the best MF unit in the tournament. Modric is pure class with the ball as well. Juranovic owned Vini Jnr last game from right back. Argentina prefer to play through the middle though, so Brozovic, Lovre and Gvardiol will have to be accurate.

The issue is scoring. They don't have quality up top. Kramaric is OK. Petkovic is a big unit and might be suited to taking on the Arg backline who struggled with Dutch big units. Perisic can be dangerous. Otherwise though, can't see how they score.

0-0, then penalties....then we have the two best penalty shootout goalkeepers facing off.

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I guess i dont see or understand how thats a penalty. I feel like the goalie has just as much right to play the ball as the Argentinian player.

To me it was 100% a penalty. Alvarez hit the ball passed the goalie and then was hit by a goalie that took at least 3 steps forward and spread his legs when the ball was kicked. Fact is, if a player has the ball and makes a defender miss the ball completely while also hitting you/running into you, it’s a foul anywhere on the field. 

• Like 1