Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

20 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Immediately thought this was the likely route after he hurt his hammy for the 2nd time in a few weeks. Thought we would have seen the move by now, but we could still see the Packers shelf Watson for 4 weeks. Next week, Watkins is eligible to return from IR but who knows if he's ready. We joke every year about the Packers trading for a WR at the deadline but this year, injuries may actually force some type of a move because right now its Lazard, Cobb and Doubs and that's pretty much it. 

Yah was surprised they brought him back as soon as they did.  Only held out for one game after the first one.  In retrospect looks like they rushed him back too soon.  Damn hammy's are a *****.  I'd IR him let that thing fully heal up and hope we can get something out of him later in the season.  Real shame the kid missed so much time with injuries it will be hard for him to have any kind of impact this year.  

Perhaps it's irrational, but the Packers Jekyll & Hyde performances so far this season give me more pause to think about Sunday's game.....more so than I think should be necessary. If the tide goes against us....will we respond or fold?

Team barely beats Bears by a muffed punt, goes to troll a much better team’s board a week early. I’ve seen crazier things.

The Jets will definitely come in playing hard nosed defense under Saleh, I think we will have a chip on our shoulder, as well and need a get right game at Lambeau. 4 quarters of intensity would make me very happy, even if the score is close. 

36 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Blew a tire on my drive up for this one. Sadly no stores stock my VW Golf R tire(s) and this doesn't have a spare 😭

Might miss this game, ugh.

last game you missed was a win.  if we win this one then you really do need to miss the rest

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Blew a tire on my drive up for this one. Sadly no stores stock my VW Golf R tire(s) and this doesn't have a spare 😭

Might miss this game, ugh.

waiting for tires is so lame. been there one to many times after blowing my vw's tires in inner city baltimore. hope you get it sorted.

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

winfree is a stud but hope they can keep him up all year and this doesnt cause problems

If you see Hill getting practice as a punt returner, Amari might start sweating.    No idea if they would pick up Winfree on the 53 but he’s gotten snaps over the young guys. Depends on the health of Watkins and Watson, if they think Amari and Toure can develop and of course if they think they need reinforcements at other positions. Hope he makes plays and makes them make a decision. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Perhaps it's irrational, but the Packers Jekyll & Hyde performances so far this season give me more pause to think about Sunday's game.....more so than I think should be necessary. If the tide goes against us....will we respond or fold?

Well the Jets are an improved squad, and the last two meetings with them we had to pull off comebacks to beat them, even in 2014 when they ended up going 4-12 and we were 12-4, and this years Jets team is better than both that one and their 2018 team.

Obviously our problems have been the offense breaking in new guys and throwing too many failed deep balls, and the defense being too soft.  The latter I have the biggest problem with because on paper they should be a highly talented group and they've stayed relatively healthy thus far.

Coming home from London, this should be a game we would win by 14 or more points even against a playoff level team just because losing a winnable game should do that.  I got a feeling though it's going to be another 27-24 type game with our guys feeling embarrassed enough about the thought of losing to these guys, but still not having that Superbowl level of drive they need to have.

• Like 1