Week 6: NY Jets @ Packers - GB falls to 3-3. First 2-game losing streak under LaFleur!

FAH1223

Dusty -   I'm officially checking out of the Rodgers discourse for the week. AFTER THIS LAST THING The Packers last two opponents were two of the teams that play single-high defenses at the highest rate. Those slot fades can really only be effective with those looks.

So they leaned more heavily into those shots over the last two weeks because they were available. (And, to be clear, were it not for WRs getting bumped off routes or cutting the route to the slot instead of up the sideline, they'd have more big plays to show for it.)

Think of these last two games as a throwback to a year or two ago, but without Adams. Coming up this week are the Jets, who play a lot of Quarters looks. I anticipate the offensive structure to look different this week than it has over the last couple.

Ryan Wood -  Aaron Rodgers doesn't doubt this week means more to Matt LaFleur, even if it's undetectable: "He's going against his brother and best friend. This game, for sure, means more to him. He does a good job of not bringing that in, but Matt operates at an anxiety base level of about 7"

///

I dont imagine losing to the NY ******* Giants will lessen his angst any.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Maggie Loney -   This Jets secondary is really going to challenge Green Bay’s WRs. Through 5 weeks, the Jets have 7 interceptions and 23(!) passes defensed, and those picks have come from 6 different DBs. For comparison’s sake, the Packers have 7 total PBUs and only 1 pick in 5 games.

Pretty much shows the difference between the two teams defensive schemes:  Packers is soft zone and  get nickel and dimed with Jets being aggressive and challenge.

Edited by coachbuns

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Pretty much shows the difference between the two teams defensive schemes:  Packers is soft zone and  get nickel and dimed with Jets being aggressive and challenge.

I’m not freaking out yet like some people, but grabbing from that SF tree for defense has been fruitful. Saleh moved on to coach but Ryan’s in SF has kept up the intensity even with injuries.  Barry has no excuses if he can’t get this group to produce.  

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Live look at Barry:

george costanza wink GIF

I just listened to that presser and that is a complete, out of context troll job by Ryan Wood. It would be really helpful if the local media covering the team actually knew a little something about football. 

• Like 2

Paul Bretl -   Matt LaFleur on Jets RB Breece Hall, who ranks 11th in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage.

“He’s a problem, not only in the run game but in the pass game, he’s a smart guy, and they do a good job of finding ways to get him the football.”

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

PLEASE.FORCE.HIM.TO.BEAT.YOU.DOWNFIELD.THANK.YOU.

Pretty sure we're going to **** on this dude. It's time for the random huge defensive performance 

Edited by Norm

8 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Didn’t seem like subterfuge to me, Bisaccia just said no plan to replace Rodgers as PR. 

By no plan he actually means they have no options to replace him either. If you watched Christian Watson, try and return kicks you understand the dearth of talent in the return game. You want to talk about clueless. 

I'd give up a 5th in next year's draft to find a guy who could be average returning punts and kicks for us.