Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

You don't think after all we have seen capped off by an epic meltdown today at home isn't enough?  

He would have been fired over a season ago if it were me.  But I'm not LaFleur.  But LIS, something about that LaFleur press conference looked and sounded different.  IIIRC, most of the previous press conferences where the defense **** the bed, LaFleur talked about how he needed to get the players ready better.  LaFleur didn't seem to take much of the blame for the defensive struggles.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

No. The stubborn never heed warnings or disasters until the first club batters their skull. And by that point it's too late to save their lives.

Maybe but I think at this point Gute and Murphy are going to get involved.  They were probably hesitant to do so but after today it's all too clear what needs to be done.  Thank god I can vent on this forum.  Helps me calm down.  If Barry is still DC next week think I'll just stop watching them for this year.  No need to upset myself.  Eat breathe and sheet Packers football I can't take anymore of Barry.  I've been totally frustrated with him but today I'm done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He would have been fired over a season ago if it were me.  But I'm not LaFleur.  But LIS, something about that LaFleur press conference looked and sounded different.  IIIRC, most of the previous press conferences where the defense **** the bed, LaFleur talked about how he needed to get the players ready better.  LaFleur didn't seem to take much of the blame for the defensive struggles.

I thought the press conference had a different tone as well. Think MLF has made up his mind, now it's a matter of when. Tonight, tomorrow, or end of season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Dunno more like unprepared and clueless.  Barry also kept putting them in horrible situations.  He's lost the D.  It's clear.  Man the fuuck up MLF and do what needs to be done.  It doesn't matter at this point move is more symbolic than anything.  Even if the interim coach sucks at least there will be accountability. MLF better be careful or he'll lose the team.  I mean we are right at the precipice here. 

On many plays, it wasn't a matter of being unprepared.  TB knew exactly how to attack what Barry was calling.  What is Campbell realistically supposed to do when he's repeatably asked to cover Godwin?  That's not something Campbell will ever be able to do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

On many plays, it wasn't a matter of being unprepared.  TB knew exactly how to attack what Barry was calling.  What is Campbell realistically supposed to do when he's repeatably asked to cover Godwin?  That's not something Campbell will ever be able to do.

LaFleur said multiple times that they were outcoached and out schemed.  I think if he was naming coaches this would have mainly been pointed at Joe Barry.  He's dead man walking either way. 

• Like 1

Last two weeks just go to show you how unstoppable the Rodgers, Mahomes, Herbert's of the world could be if they just accepted the modest gains the defense gave them instead needing to win MVP every week. It's crazy how this defense wins against great QBs because they refuse to do so, then makes Baker Mayfield and Tommy DeVito MVP.

One guy with some serious skills did this, his name was Tom Brady and his career results weren't bad.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Last two weeks just go to show you how unstoppable the Rodgers, Mahomes, Herbert's of the world could be if they just accepted the modest gains the defense gave them instead needing to win MVP every week. It's crazy how this defense wins against great QBs because they refuse to do so, then makes Baker Mayfield and Tommy DeVito MVP.

One guy with some serious skills did this, his name was Tom Brady and his career results weren't bad.

I remember a weekly thread during the James White heyday in NE where Brady was killing some team with short passes.  NE was up something like 28-7, Brady was nearly perfect, and the ARDS faithful were talking about how boring that would be to watch, and they'd never want that kind of QB in GB.  I only wish I was joking, making this up, or exaggerating the facts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I remember a weekly thread during the James White heyday in NE where Brady was killing some team with short passes.  NE was up something like 28-7, Brady was nearly perfect, and the ARDS faithful were talking about how boring that would be to watch, and they'd never want that kind of QB in GB.  I only wish I was joking, making this up, or exaggerating the facts.  

Oh it was boring to watch, but it worked. That was in the hay day of the vertical attack systems though, and they were working, I mean AR's 2011 is better than anything Brady ever did, even with Moss. 

The Fangio system changed this, and Brady was setup perfectly for the way defenses changed. Rodgers and the young gun slingers haven't changed. It works when you pair HOF-er with HOF-er (Mahomes + Hill), (Rodgers + Adams) but then you had front offices building the roster saying "my QB will elevate the pass catching room," but they're still wanting those receivers to be Hill and Afams instead of hitting Rice or Doubs for an easy 8 and move the sticks.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I think Barry has lost the players. On TB's last TD, one of the DBs sidestepped the WR who ran for the TD. Someone said earlier maybe it when Barry threw some of them under the bus this week. This defense is like watching a dead man walking. 

If MLF doesn't do something, we've won our last game for the season. The offensive players will quit next.

That’s just normal CB tackling.  Guys, especially up front, still seemed to be playing with maximum effort but were let down by a scheme destined to fail.