Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

While we're talking about getting rid of Barry, the bigger issue we probably need to address is not replacing him with another Fangio cast-off. That scheme is dying across the NFL. 

THIS ... THIS.  Bend but no break was fine before; times changes.  The pass/run qb's now so popular coupled with qb's that WILL TAKE move the chains passes has made the Fangio defense obsolete.  One defense that doesn't get old .. aggressive, blitz and stunt, rush 5 or more, play up and man to man .. LOVE THEM.  If MLF doesn't see that, he may well be on his way out if he doesn't get his defense and their new coordinator fixed.

• Like 1

I can tell you our defense sucks, bigtime without any alphabet soup analytics. It was so bad yesterday I wanted to poke my eyes out so I couldn't watch anymore. 

I couldn't bring myself to turn it off or look the other way. It was a terrible car accident over and over in slow motion.

FIRE FRENCHY LAFLEUR because he doesn't have the balls to fire the assclown defensive un-coordinator. 

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I can tell you our defense sucks, bigtime without any alphabet soup analytics. It was so bad yesterday I wanted to poke my eyes out so I couldn't watch anymore. 

I couldn't bring myself to turn it off or look the other way. It was a terrible car accident over and over in slow motion.

FIRE FRENCHY LAFLEUR because he doesn't have the balls to fire the assclown defensive un-coordinator. 

Which part upset you most about the defense?

The fact that you could get six yards a pop running if you just committed to it?

Our corners standing 6-7 yards off of the LOS and immediately backpedaling on third and 6?

Safeties being 25-30 yards downfield with no one around them?

ILB's matched up in man coverage with a WR with Pro Bowl accolades to his name?

28 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I really don’t care if they fire Barry in season.  Wasn’t a fan of canning McCarthy in season either.  It’s a classless move and the benefits are negligible.  

Of course, he needs his walking papers day 1 of the offseason, I’m guessing this is a sure thing at this point. 

It is not a classless move when you lose control of the room. Yesterday's performance was proof Barry lost the classroom. MLF is going to lose the bigger classroom if he doesn't move on from the guy. Then it will be time for a total house cleaning and that slows down the progress of the young offensive talent we've assembled. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Which part upset you most about the defense?

The fact that you could get six yards a pop running if you just committed to it?

Our corners standing 6-7 yards off of the LOS and immediately backpedaling on third and 6?

Safeties being 25-30 yards downfield with no one around them?

ILB's matched up in man coverage with a WR with Pro Bowl accolades to his name?

Between letting Danny DeGuido standi in a clean pocket all night last week and ALL of the above, I just can't take it anymore.

If Barry isn't out of the building today, It's time for a new rallying cry, "Fire Frenchy LaFleur!" 

41 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

It’s a classless move and the benefits are negligible.  

I would agree with you if this team was 3-11 but playoffs are still a distinct possibility and this defense looks like it has given up under Barry. Now whoever we promote may be no better but it also could add a spark to take us to the end of the season.

What's worse? Keeping Barry around and continue down this same trajectory where every average to below average QB can run up and down the field on us or have some Joe Schmo position coach who probably isn't any good but maybe can get the guys to play hard again? One accomplishes nothing and one at least gives you a chance at improvement at least in the short term with morale. 

• Like 1