Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Just now, vegas492 said:

He doesn't have the stones and he won't be fired.

It will go down like Office Space.  You don't need to fire someone, you just need the glitch to be "worked out".  Barry won't have a contract after the year is up.  Issue resolved without the need to fire him.

I think might have been handled differently if there was a viable replacement on staff. The only one I can think of doesnt actually come from the defensive staff at all (and therefore is nothing but imagination): Bisaccia. He might be able to get the unit fired up and working again. An internal swap isnt going to lead to wholesale changes in philosophies - not at this late date - but the application of the defenses can change. In any case...it's all moot anyway.

Nothing I didn't expect. LaFleur couldn't give any pro-Barry answer, the guy is out as DC in 3 weeks, but there's no one on this staff he feels can call the defense.

If Rodgers was here I'd be livid, but our QB is just entering his time, we're the youngest team in the league and honestly going 0-3 in a game like yesterday is probably better for this team than going 3-0. So not firing Barry today causes me no grief.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I think might have been handled differently if there was a viable replacement on staff. The only one I can think of doesnt actually come from the defensive staff at all (and therefore is nothing but imagination): Bisaccia. He might be able to get the unit fired up and working again. An internal swap isnt going to lead to wholesale changes in philosophies - not at this late date - but the application of the defenses can change. In any case...it's all moot anyway.

About the only thing a firing would do is this...it puts everyone on notice.  Not just players, coaches.

Instead, we will let him play out the string and be seen as a franchise that doesn't can coaches during the season.  And that should be attractive to Saleh.  :)

LaFleur blaming in all on communication issues, and he will now be spending more time with the defense.  Great, the head coach who is the most instrumental part of our offense has to spend time with the defense because the coaches and players are not up to the task.  I'm not so sure this entire staff isn't in over their heads.