Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

10 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Nice, I had never seen that video before. I'm usually against the narrative that the media needs to press more, but with this defensive debacle it is absolutely warranted.

Kind of crazy that after allowing career days to DeVito and Mayfield, then laying yet another egg against Bryce Young, MLF gets only asked one question about the defense, and responds by saying the offense put them in a tough spot with a three and out?

Then the next time he speaks the media lets him get away with saying he won't talk about the Jaire/Campbell situation? Losing the veterans in the locker room is the story! If I was a reporter there, I would have absolutely held my ground. It's their jobs to ask the most important questions, not ask the questions that MLF wants to be asked.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 1:01 PM, Isherwood said:

This is perhaps overly simplistic of me to say, but it sure feels like a lot of that is just losing straight up pre-snap alignment. I was incredibly impressed with how Baltimore communicated and got lined up on every play. Totally different from watching GB line up and Baker ******* Mayfield knows exactly where to go with the ball at snap. 

I don't know how they count pressures.  But we lose contain an awful lot.  So Gary comes screaming up inside the tackle but the QB escapes to open field to find his WR, but still a pressure, right?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That is only because Jordan Love got us at the FG to win and the Panthers spiked it 1/10 of a second too late. If they beat us the streak would be alive and Bryce Young would have won. 

Yeah, if CAR gets that FG and goes on to win, Young gets POTW for sure.  We were so close.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know how they count pressures.  But we lose contain an awful lot.  So Gary comes screaming up inside the tackle but the QB escapes to open field to find his WR, but still a pressure, right?

NFL needs a "useful pressure %" stat to go along with the raw pressure numbers.  GB seems to have a lot of "pressures" that result in opposing QB's running for significant yards.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

NFL needs a "useful pressure %" stat to go along with the raw pressure numbers.  GB seems to have a lot of "pressures" that result in opposing QB's running for significant yards.

They aren't too bright sometimes.  Probably should be stopping your rush up field once you are in line with the QB, but every week we see a few guys racing past, thus opening an escape route for the QB.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hard to even listen to him anymore. He's just lying at this point because there's no defending the play out there. 

Well, you got me to listen to 16 minutes of that, now tell me what he is lying about. 

32 minutes ago, R T said:

Well, you got me to listen to 16 minutes of that, now tell me what he is lying about. 

Can start with saying they played adequate defense for 53 minutes. The standard the guy has set is like my parents telling me getting a C average was "good work". It's laughable he even has a platform at this point. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

Does anyone remember the last time our defense actually won a game? Where it was the defense and not the offense most responsible for winning?

Last one I remember off the top of my head was the Smith/Smith/Amos opening season against Mitch Trubisky.

This is part of the same problem I just raised about the standard of defense around here. What you're saying isn't the standard. If the Packers give up 20 points and our offense scores 17, people run in droves around here to blame the offense...it's basically been brainwashed in us as fans for years because we are so used to mediocre defenses and coming up with excuses for it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Does anyone remember the last time our defense actually won a game? Where it was the defense and not the offense most responsible for winning?

Last one I remember off the top of my head was the Smith/Smith/Amos opening season against Mitch Trubisky.

The Rams game?