Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

23 hours ago, MuFF said:

Nice, I had never seen that video before. I'm usually against the narrative that the media needs to press more, but with this defensive debacle it is absolutely warranted.

Kind of crazy that after allowing career days to DeVito and Mayfield, then laying yet another egg against Bryce Young, MLF gets only asked one question about the defense, and responds by saying the offense put them in a tough spot with a three and out?

Then the next time he speaks the media lets him get away with saying he won't talk about the Jaire/Campbell situation? Losing the veterans in the locker room is the story! If I was a reporter there, I would have absolutely held my ground. It's their jobs to ask the most important questions, not ask the questions that MLF wants to be asked.

That was very good journalism, right up until he asked about his daughter. That’s bush and way over the line.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

NFL needs a "useful pressure %" stat to go along with the raw pressure numbers.  GB seems to have a lot of "pressures" that result in opposing QB's running for significant yards.

No they don’t. Gary seems to have done his job but others didn’t. If he goes wide the tackle needs to stay in his lane. The issue is, that players are out in a position to fail. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MacReady said:

Does anyone remember the last time our defense actually won a game? Where it was the defense and not the offense most responsible for winning?

Last one I remember off the top of my head was the Smith/Smith/Amos opening season against Mitch Trubisky.

That game when JA shut down Jefferson?  I know that JA was lights out.  So maybe it was more him than the total defense.  But that is a game that sticks out to me as being a good defensive game.  Though I can't recall just how much the offense did.

The real question here is what the 1% were watching to make them call the 2023 defense a success.

Packers Reacts Results: Only 1 percent of fans call the 2023 defense a success

The most consensus result that Packers Reacts has ever recorded claims that fans believe that the defense has not been playing well enough this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Man, I really hope Kevin O'Connell didn't save Barry's job just now.

I am happy to be beating the Vikes butts, but Jaran Hall is a nothingburger guy.  They probably put Mullens in but it'll be too late now.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

giphy.gif

I doubt Joe's rehiring is even a thing.  LaFleur probably hasn't seen the amount of growth from that side of the ball that he wanted to see.  Kudos to the players for still playing hard for Barry, who I still think it dead man walking.