RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Kermit
    • Sid
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

34 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why are so many people these days so eager to encourage lawsuits on athletes by regular folks?

Why are some people so eager to place athletes on a pedestal over regular folks? 

If I, a regular folk, had a rough day in court and shoved someone working at the court house on my way out the door in frustration of my client getting a death sentence I firmly believe they didn't deserve, I would be in a world of trouble. 

Davante Adams lost a football game for which he, and every other player, is laughably overcompensated for. 

I don't feel bad about it at all. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Why are some people so eager to place athletes on a pedestal over regular folks? 

If I, a regular folk, had a rough day in court and shoved someone working at the court house on my way out the door in frustration of my client getting a death sentence I firmly believe they didn't deserve, I would be in a world of trouble. 

Davante Adams lost a football game for which he, and every other player, is laughably overcompensated for. 

People oddly seem to get the impression that big strong athletes should have MORE freedom to handle their issues with physicality over anyone because of their inherent advantage. 

It's the opposite of what should be reality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The rest of the Raiders schedule looks very doable. Even at 1-4, the Raiders can make a playoff push. 

Our schedule has sucked thus far, one of the worst in the league. Definitely the hardest part of our season and yet we've lost 4 games vs. very good teams by a combined 14 points. 

We're a handful of plays away from being 3-2 or 4-1, but here we are. 

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yawn.

Guy very well might have legitimate medical expenses after that hard, unbraced landing. He has every right to seek money from Davante to cover that.

Anyone who thinks this was minor, or victimless or whatever is overcompensating for... something.

Do we know the extent of the injuries or if there was any? 

if we don’t know then what the heck are we doing?

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Pedestal? If a cheerleader did that to the cameraman you think I would be saying anything different? 

Y’all want him to sue him without even knowing if he’s hurt or not lol. Let the NFL deal with him whether the dude got hurt or not.

43 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Pedestal? If a cheerleader did that to the cameraman you think I would be saying anything different? 

Y’all want him to sue him without even knowing if he’s hurt or not lol. Let the NFL deal with him whether the dude got hurt or not.

You're aware that isn't a requirement to file a lawsuit, yes?

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The rest of the Raiders schedule looks very doable. Even at 1-4, the Raiders can make a playoff push. 

Recent playoff structure changes help a lot, honestly. A few years back, 1-4 would basically mean you need to finish 9-2 down the stretch to have a shot. 6 playoff teams, only 16 games, not much wiggle room left with 4 losses that early. But, with 7 playoff teams and 17 games, they may only need to go 8-4 instead, which is much more doable. Still tough though.