RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Kermit
    • Sid
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

53 minutes ago, RedGold said:

In the end.   I hope Davante isn’t suspended.   He isn’t that guy.  

Feel truly bad for Chris Jones as well,  after basically costing his team the game at Indy,  he is ripped from a game winning play.   

Well he is that guy because he did it?

Assaulting a stranger that did nothing wrong. Easy suspension.

11 minutes ago, viking said:

Well he is that guy because he did it?

Assaulting a stranger that did nothing wrong. Easy suspension.

No suspension.   I have 0 clue how anyone thinks this is suspension worthy.  A fine for sure..
The video’s make it seem like Davante walked straight up to the man and pushed him,   Dude tried to cut RIGHT in front of Davante as he was walking off the field. 

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

No suspension.   I have 0 clue how anyone thinks this is suspension worthy.  A fine for sure..
The video’s make it seem like Davante walked straight up to the man and pushed him,   Dude tried to cut RIGHT in front of Davante as he was walking off the field. 

NFL players can just assault stadium staff now I guess

• Like 1

It's crazy that the AFC West has becoming must-see-TV, but for a completely different buzz than initially prophesied.

- The narrative of Brandon Staley walking a tightrope with "analytics"

- The Broncos becoming a dumpster fire with Russell Wilson and Nathanial Hackett after all the offseason hype

- The Raiders...being the Raiders...

The Chiefs are the only squad that is seemingly not shooting itself in the foot every week. Maybe it just comes down to the main in the chair with Andy Reid running his operation, and everyone else running theirs. Because every squad has a good amount of talent on it. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 minutes ago, viking said:

NFL players can just assault stadium staff now I guess

We learned in elementary to look both ways before crossing a street.    If NFL teams have an exit path you can bet im checking to make sure there’s no one coming through before I cross.   I don’t think Davante even realize what was happening,  dude spontaneously decided to run across as he was exiting and he pushed him as reaction.      It’s not like the video makes it seem, that he walked straight up and shoved him. 

fine to make people feel better and move on. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I just don't think they care until this stuff impacts the bottom line. Right now, there is no indication that is going to happen. 

I mean didn’t they introduce challenges to DPI after that Saints-Rams debacle? I think if enough noise and a sizeable statement can get it done.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

I mean didn’t they introduce challenges to DPI after that Saints-Rams debacle? I think if enough noise and a sizeable statement can get it done.

They did momentarily when it went through competition committee for teams, not fans, and that never had a chance of sticking. Certainly wasn't done in good faith. If anything I'd wager is emboldens them to say "see, we are right more than we are wrong". 13 of 81 were overturned. 

People are acting like this is new. Bogus and weak RTPs have been going on years. Has there been any effort towards getting this changed by the competition committee? I know of 2018 and that was due to the volume. There were like 35 in three weeks. So far this year there have been like 25 in five weeks. And that didn't have any real traction as far as I know

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

They did momentarily when it went through competition committee for teams, not fans, and that never had a chance of sticking. Certainly wasn't done in good faith. If anything I'd wager is emboldens them to say "see, we are right more than we are wrong". 13 of 81 were overturned. 

People are acting like this is new. Bogus and weak RTPs have been going on years. Has there been any effort towards getting this changed by the competition committee? I know of 2018 and that was due to the volume. There were like 35 in three weeks. So far this year there have been like 25 in five weeks. And that didn't have any real traction as far as I know

It’s expected to go down, though. There was that enforcement a couple years ago over “not landing on the QB with your whole weight” thing, again, in response to a QB being injured (Barr on Rodgers). There was a tweak, penalties were up, players adjust, it goes down. Now, and we’ll see if this becomes a trend or not, players are getting called for even softer penalties after the Miami/Tua poop show. I’d rather nip it in the bud now, but you’re right, the NFL will probably over correct and then settle down.

You guys know purposely shoving someone to the ground is a criminal assault, right?

“He probably talked smack during the game, that’s why he assaulted him” lol.

that guy’s job is to film Davante as he leaves the field, just as a camera man has for every nfl game, ever. Davante knows this. 

i know you guys admire these players but they’re still members of society. If I as a normal person walked up to a camera man and shoved him to the ground i very well could be taken away in handcuffs and charged. The camera man likely won’t seek charges out of his own pride but if he did, he likely has a pretty simple case. 

this was a trash move by Davante adams 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, RedGold said:

In the end.   I hope Davante isn’t suspended.   He isn’t that guy.  

Feel truly bad for Chris Jones as well,  after basically costing his team the game at Indy,  he is ripped from a game winning play.   

Maybe not but that type of stuff is unacceptable. 1 game suspension. 

2 hours ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Maybe not but that type of stuff is unacceptable. 1 game suspension. 

Honestly that is light but probably most likely... only reason i say its light is because if the worker retaliated and pushed back he would likely be fired and banned from all NFL stadiums. The worker has so much more to lose than Adams