State of the Steelers

warfelg

36 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Matt Miller has him as CB1. He thinks it’s a heat between Ringo and JPJ with JPJ having slightly better measurables and ball skills. 

He's strong as a man corner (or has been), but you build through the trenches. 

12 minutes ago, mwalker said:

He's strong as a man corner (or has been), but you build through the trenches. 

True, but reaching for positions of need is also a mistake. If the CB is the top rated player on the board, take him. Reaching for an inferior OL or DL prospect just because of a mantra isn't a good move.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

True, but reaching for positions of need is also a mistake. If the CB is the top rated player on the board, take him. Reaching for an inferior OL or DL prospect just because of a mantra isn't a good move.

I want us to get back to this. We’ve gone too much into that take a need territory and it’s lead to some bad things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Matt Miller has him as CB1. He thinks it’s a heat between Ringo and JPJ with JPJ having slightly better measurables and ball skills. 

I will disagree.  Porter has a red flag that he is grabby even for a college CB.  All college CBs tend to be more grabby than NFL ones because of the rules.  it seems to be a part of Porter's coverage to be grabby.  That can be a big issue in the NFL.

25 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will disagree.  Porter has a red flag that he is grabby even for a college CB.  All college CBs tend to be more grabby than NFL ones because of the rules.  it seems to be a part of Porter's coverage to be grabby.  That can be a big issue in the NFL.

Fair assessment. I said a similar thing about Horn coming out and he’s seemed to be decent at avoiding flags in the NFL. I like Ri go more because of everything JPJ has minus the grabbiness. 

Assuming the Steelers picks within the top half of the 1st round, there is no reason to reach for any position.

FA will cause a few positions to shore up but the Steelers need help all over, especially on defense…any position save for FS should be a possibility.

I will say that I don’t want to spend that high of a 1st on an ILB or SS even though they are “needs”…I just consider them less valuable and plus they tend to fall come draft day and with the Steelers having 2 high 2nd…I would consider that more of the sweet spot if you catch my drift.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how about giving Warner a chance as the OC for a few years? He's a fan of Kenny and being a former QB should only help.

fire canada (even if we win out)!

I'm sure it'd take a lot to get him out of his comfy tv gig. He probably makes a buttload of money too. I guess if the itch is there, I wouldn't be upset if he came to work in the Burgh.