State of the Steelers

warfelg

13 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hadn't heard of him until just now. Quick look at some draft sites and he is a converted EDGE guy. Came over from Bama. He's playing more off-ball with the Razorbacks. He looks like he could be a stud ILB. I don't really want him as an EDGE. Good bit of versatility to have, though. I think I'd prefer Iowa's Jack Campbell as he seems more heady which I like in a signal caller. Sanders is the superior athlete though. Both super tall for the position, which is another pro for me. Give me some long arms mucking up MOF throwing lanes. 

He's been much better flying around from various spots vs the edge (at Bama).
Kid seems to be in on every single tackle. Maybe not my choice as the ILB pick
for us, but he can certainly play.

Jakobi Meyers is someone I really hope we target in FA. He’s exactly what we need. Definition of reliable, gets open, makes contested catches. Mostly has played in the slot but is 6’2 and plays big. Middle of the field would be really tough to cover both him and Pat. 

Allen Lazard is another I wouldn’t mind. Contested catch, red zone weapon who is a great run blocker and does all the lifting things. Rodgers main guy on 3rd downs this year. 

Point being, we have enough divas in the locker room we need to add a boring/reliable vet. I know we are great at drafting WRs but it’s time to add a vet Fa.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Jakobi Meyers is someone I really hope we target in FA. He’s exactly what we need. Definition of reliable, gets open, makes contested catches. Mostly has played in the slot but is 6’2 and plays big. Middle of the field would be really tough to cover both him and Pat. 

Allen Lazard is another I wouldn’t mind. Contested catch, red zone weapon who is a great run blocker and does all the lifting things. Rodgers main guy on 3rd downs this year. 

Point being, we have enough divas in the locker room we need to add a boring/reliable vet. I know we are great at drafting WRs but it’s time to add a vet Fa.

I think we still need someone who can really separate. A lightning strike in the slot would be a great addition.
There's a few in the draft (Smith-Njiba, Downs, Hyatt, etc.) but not sure who's out there in FA off the top of my head.

18 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

What's everyone's thoughts of jalin Hyatt 

They have some ppl that can go deep but nobody to really take the top off like Mike Wallace used to

I feel like we need to see what we have in Calvin Austin before spending another pick on an undersized burner.

13 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yep…I’d be fine with 1 of Lazard/Meyers/JuJu if the Steelers decide to bring in a vet, which I think is desperately needed.

Ran a few mock drafts this morning and here’s what came out:

PFN-

14 traded for 32, 2024 Cleveland 1st, 2024 Houston 1st. I mean….too good to pass up. 
32 - Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

33 - Henry To'oTo'o LB Alabama

44. Siaki Ika DT Baylor

113. Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn209. Tiawan Mullen CB Indiana
225. Deuce Vaughn RB Kansas State

Edited by warfelg

My PFF draft:

Trade 5 for 11, 183, 2024 1st (Hou), 2024 3rd (Hou) (B+)

11 - Kelee Ringo CB Georgia (B+)

Trade 33 for 46, 142, 2024 3rd (ATL), 2024 6th (CLE), 2024 7th (CLE) (B+)

36 - Siaki Ika DT Baylor (C+)

46 - Drew Sanders LB Arkansas (D)

68 - Will McDonald IV Edge Iowa State (B)

100 - Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson CB TCU (B-)

142 - Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati (B-)

164 - Henry To’oTo’o LB Alabama (C)

183 - RJ Moten S Michigan (B)

196 - Connor Galvin OL Baylor (C)

Overall grade B+