Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Probably not much.  But depends on how bad they want #1 QB vs someone else.   

I don't see Houston trading up. Frankly, it wouldn't shock me if they passed on QB in round 1 entirely, I don't know that they have enough pieces in place for it to be sensible. They may draft BPA and look to trade up for their guy at QB in 2024. That's the strategy I'd be taking.

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah let's do it. What exactly has he done? I don't know that Fields has proven he's their guy for the next 5* years, do you?

I'm pretty confident that if we get some talent around him he is the guy...is he your consistent drop back and win from the pocket QB? Probably not...is he an out and out playmaker who you can win with? I fully believe so.

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Just taking a minute to laugh at that Claypool trade again. With the dolphins first this year forfeited, we traded the 32nd pick for him lol

For me it gets a grade of incomplete for now. Claypool has shown enough in the past, I'm not ready to write him off yet for joining the team late in the year and being on an anemic offense. 

The state of the OL hurt every single other player on the offense in a huge way.

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

For me it gets a grade of incomplete for now. Claypool has shown enough in the past, I'm not ready to write him off yet for joining the team late in the year and being on an anemic offense. 

The state of the OL hurt every single other player on the offense in a huge way.

Agreed...I think it is difficult to grade Claypool coming in mid-season with everything else going on...will be interesting to see what WR goes closest to that 32nd overall pick...I have said it before but if Claypool was a 24 year old rookie who was 6-5" 238lbs running a 4.42 forty and jumping over 40" and we took him with the 32nd overall pick I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid...the difference is we at least know Claypool can play in this league whereas with a rookie you never truly know until you get them into your building.

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

If the Texans wanna offer 1.2, 1.12, and a 2024 1st, I’d accept it no hesitation. 

LOL. And their women. 

10 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

People were trashing them for that Christian Kirk contract, but I'd say he definitely lived up to it this year

Price of WRs went way up just after that so it wasn’t as bad.  Some thought that caused it. 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If the Texans wanna offer 1.2, 1.12, and a 2024 1st, I’d accept it no hesitation. 

Doubt we get that much but we have to look at this thing holistically...if you can get Houston to give you say their 2nd & 3rd and maybe something for 2024 in the mid rounds to move down to just #2 the market is then rest for all the other teams who need a QB...if Houston say move up for Young there will 100% be teams who have Levis or Stroud rated higher and will be happy to move up for him at #2 so then you get more for that pick as well...the more we can move down without missing out on an elite pass rusher or potentially Johnston the more I would do it because we lack young talent all over.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Doubt we get that much but we have to look at this thing holistically...if you can get Houston to give you say their 2nd & 3rd and maybe something for 2024 in the mid rounds to move down to just #2 the market is then rest for all the other teams who need a QB...if Houston say move up for Young there will 100% be teams who have Levis or Stroud rated higher and will be happy to move up for him at #2 so then you get more for that pick as well...the more we can move down without missing out on an elite pass rusher or potentially Johnston the more I would do it because we lack young talent all over.

It will be interesting to see if we move down just a little bit, maybe just picking up day 2 and day 3 picks like we sent to San Fran for Trubisky, or if we drop down a little further and maybe get multiple future first rounders. I don't see any logical scenario that we're staying at #1.

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It will be interesting to see if we move down just a little bit, maybe just picking up day 2 and day 3 picks like we sent to San Fran for Trubisky, or if we drop down a little further and maybe get multiple future first rounders. I don't see any logical scenario that we're staying at #1.

I think Ryan Poles has already tonight made it known to every other franchise we are open to trade that pick.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Doubt we get that much but we have to look at this thing holistically.

I can’t imagine that trade ever actually going through anywhere but madden. But if we could turn it into at least 1.2, a 2, and a 4, we’re already ahead just based on Texans incompetence today. 

then of course could trade down again. Whatever yields the most from 1.1. 

I always trade down at least twice in first in simulators. 

You can do it IRL if you keep viable QBs in front of you or behind you.  Whatever.    Has to be 3 QBs people want by draft time.  

People will fall in love with 3 guys once coaches get involved in scouting after season.