Raider Trade Deadline Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Those hue teams were fun. I remember DHB was a reach but was rooting for him. He had alot of haters from fans and non Raider fans. DHB wasn’t great but wasn’t scared to go over the middle and played hard. I remember being excited at the potential of DHB, Jacoby Ford, D Moore. Maybe I was bias but I was surprised they flamed out so fast. Hue had the offense looking good, he just gave up too much for Palmer. He also started to come off shady and power hungry. Palmer wasn’t bad, but gave up too many assets 

Hue didn’t even want Palmer that was mark Davis first move

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hue didn’t even want Palmer that was mark Davis first move

I'll call BS on this. Hue Jackson has proven himself shady. He called this "the greatest trade in all of sports" when it happened. 

He's not the type to admit his mistakes.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ferrell pick was as bad as it gets. Nobody had him in the top 20 of any draft. Makes things worse is we let go of Denico Autry in place of him

However, former busts like Jihad Ward are thriving in the league so I wouldn’t be surprised if a changed of scenery worked out

It’s strange, for all the lack of success we’ve had in the draft, guys like Autry, Shelby Harris, Jack Crawford, Arden Key and Ward have carved out decent roles for themselves over the years. Autry was a big mistake letting go, especially as he came out and said he wanted to stay and would have taken less here. 

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'll call BS on this. Hue Jackson has proven himself shady. He called this "the greatest trade in all of sports" when it happened. 

He's not the type to admit his mistakes.

Meh I’d have to see those quotes

i can’t see mark pulling the Carson trigger just cause a brand new coach suggests it. Hue imo didn’t have pull like that he wasn’t established in the nfl like that. 

We need speed at WR, that is a given.  What are your thoughts on us taking a shot at Kadarius Toney and throwing a 7th at the Giants to get this headache off their hands.  He has sub 4.4 speed and is lethal with the ball in his hands.  I question his passion for the game and he seems preoccupied with being a ****ty rapper but for a 7th I would take a shot on him.  The talent is certainly there...

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hue is a liar lol.. he was boy with Palmer from USC and made a power play for a QB to take his offense to the next level. He gave up the farm and it didn't work out. He also cried victim with the Browns. he doesn't own up to anything 

Davis telling Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter, "Everybody is blaming Hue, but I made the decision. I don't pass any of that on to him." Davis told Trotter that he ran the scenario by former Raiders coach John Madden, ex-Packers general manager Ron Wolf and ex-Falcons GM Ken Herock and that "two of the three said, 'Go ahead and do a deal.' … It turned out not to be the greatest bet, but I'd do it again."

interesting 2 out of those 3 said pull the trigger I wonder who said no?

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We need speed at WR, that is a given.  What are your thoughts on us taking a shot at Kadarius Toney and throwing a 7th at the Giants to get this headache off their hands.  He has sub 4.4 speed and is lethal with the ball in his hands.  I question his passion for the game and he seems preoccupied with being a ****ty rapper but for a 7th I would take a shot on him.  The talent is certainly there...

Most Giants fans seem to totally hate the guy. Sounds like he's more of a RB than a WR too, but if it's a conditional late pick then sure whatever. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Will Fuller still out there granted his hamstring would probably give out probably like 3 games in 

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That's a worthy trade IMO. Carr looked great with Ruggs speed last year and it was certainly something I was banging the table for this off-season. The guy definitely needs a change of scenery, is very young, and is worth the gamble even with the nonsense on the table you alluded to 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Davis telling Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter, "Everybody is blaming Hue, but I made the decision. I don't pass any of that on to him." Davis told Trotter that he ran the scenario by former Raiders coach John Madden, ex-Packers general manager Ron Wolf and ex-Falcons GM Ken Herock and that "two of the three said, 'Go ahead and do a deal.' … It turned out not to be the greatest bet, but I'd do it again."

interesting 2 out of those 3 said pull the trigger I wonder who said no?

It is interesting. Clearly Palmer had a few good years in him as he had a couple good years with the Cards and had been a quality QB but just throwing him into the fire immediately was probably a bad decision. Maybe it was the right choice to trade for him but wasn’t handled as well as it should have been?

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

It is interesting. Clearly Palmer had a few good years in him as he had a couple good years with the Cards and had been a quality QB but just throwing him into the fire immediately was probably a bad decision. Maybe it was the right choice to trade for him but wasn’t handled as well as it should have been?

I wonder if mark still consults with people about decisions. Madden is gone rip.

Curious esp with jmd and zeig if they got the 2 out 3 vote also. Iirc that’s how mark picked reggie 

38 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wonder if mark still consults with people about decisions. Madden is gone rip.

Curious esp with jmd and zeig if they got the 2 out 3 vote also. Iirc that’s how mark picked reggie 

If I was an Owner the only person I would call for advice would be  Ozzie Newsome, he's the GOAT in drafting.

• Like 1