Raider Trade Deadline Talk

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

While I agree, there is a lot of football left to be played this season. 

Everyone is so impatient around here. Let the guy get healthy and get into his groove on offense. 

It's okay to critique him on the field. I get this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. What I find obnoxious is some of the vitriol thrown at him as if he won't rebound when he's to good a player not to.  

Is it not equally as obnoxious to keep saying he's too good of a player to not rebound when we've been waiting on his inevitable rebound to the player he was for a relatively short time to begin with for the better part of 2 seasons though? 

It's not like it's season 1 of Waller being just another TE out there (when he's, you know, out there). Not is it as if he spent the better part of his now 7 year career as a top tier TE.

It was a nice 2 year run. But the reality is he's about as much a proven commodity at TE as Peyton Hillis was at RB. He's been here for 5 years now and has been truly reliable and productive for all of half of that time if we're being generous. We were talent starved at skill positions and he filled that void for a short while. Pretending he's been this great player for the vast majority of his career and is sure to rebound based on 2/7 of his career isn't a hill I'd be willing to die on.

We've been awaiting a return to his isolated 2 year peak for almost 2 years now, and father time clearly isn't smiling down on him given that much of his effectiveness stems from an inability to stay off the injury report. The tough pill to swallow is that there's arguably a higher likelihood that he never rebounds and is more or less just another body on a roster, if not retired altogether in 2 more years than there is of some rebound to what may have just been another circumstantial flash in the pan thanks to being heavily targeted simply because the alternatives were practically non-existent. 

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He'd net maybe a 5 or 6 compensatory pick leaving in FA?

Can't imagine you'd get much more than that for him currently. 

Im not great at projecting comp picks, but, I believe salary and playing time come into play when determining right? 
If used correctly, he is a 1-2 down lb/safety hybrid . . . cant see him getting big money, or big playing time. 

If I was DZ I would be calling the Commanders inquiring about interior DL, more specifically Deron Payne.  I would give up multiple picks to lock down this 25YO playmaker.  He could be just what we need as a 3T, someone who is stout against the run but can also get after the QB.  I'm sure he wont be cheap but at 25, with his prime years ahead of him and at a position of major need, I'm a buyer.  I would make that move!

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

If I was DZ I would be calling the Commanders inquiring about interior DL, more specifically Deron Payne.  I would give up multiple picks to lock down this 25YO playmaker.  He could be just what we need as a 3T, someone who is stout against the run but can also get after the QB.  I'm sure he wont be cheap but at 25, with his prime years ahead of him and at a position of major need, I'm a buyer.  I would make that move!

this..  I feel like on defense, we lack the difference makers. You need difference makers on both sides of the ball. You can fill out the depth chart with solid starters and just be average. Difference makers can uplift units 

On 10/19/2022 at 9:11 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I would offer a 1st to Panthers for Derrick Brown. a young stud DT would be amazing. I would also dangle picks for Brian Burns, Jaycee Horn ... 

I'm not offering a 1st as it's looking top 10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

I'm not offering a 1st as it's looking top 10

Might be able to get him with a high 2nd in the offseason.  I would only do it if we would be willing to give him a second contract or pick up his 5th year.  Have not had the opportunity to watch him very much so I do not know if he is at that level.  I really liked him at Auburn and was angry when he went back to school for his senior year.  I was sure we could have got him or Quinnen Williams.  He was my favorite prospect in 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Sell high on Jacobs. 3rd and a 4th

Dont know if Renfrow and Waller are moveable.

Since we didn't pick up his option, I feel like we have to move him while his stock is so high. There's not many people on this team I wouldn't move on from. I would like to keep Renfrow. Hollins is a good complimentary receiver.... I dunno about anyone else on offense. Crosby, Perryman, Hobbs on defense... really about it. Everyone else can go for the right price as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781