Raider Trade Deadline Talk

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I’d disagree with the ‘burn it all down’ sentiments. That’s a knee jerk reaction after a bad loss, understandable but maybe a little rash. Plenty of teams have suffered bad losses this year.

I was never a pro McDaniels guy as I wanted Harbaugh or David Shaw but having brought in Ziegler as well as GM then let’s exercise a bit of patience and see what they do the whole season. We probably won’t make the playoffs now and whilst that’s incredibly disappointing, it’s not the end of the world. We’ve shown flashes of really good play and really bad play. I want to see the plan unfold and see what happens.

We’ve chopped and changed and haven’t had any kind of consistency in coaching for the last 20 years, we cannot expect consistency in play unless we have consistency in leadership and the FO first. As much as I didnt like Gruden he was starting to put it together as we did give him some patience until all kinds of hell broke loose 😳

Not a popular opinion but I’m on this boat and it may be going up a certain creek without any paddles but I want to see where this ride takes us before burning it down yet again!

Well said. I'm with you on this. This organization never forms any consistency of culture. They are constantly turning over coaches and FO people who then turn over the roster. Nothing ever gets seen to completion. 3 years should be the standard to let a vision come together from philosophy to roster. 

The problem I see is Raider fans convinced themselves they were going to the playoff because they went last year. Mind you, >50% of the teams don't make it back the next year. And the roster was not strong enough to expect them to. Not how they won last season and with their point deferential. 

Bad loss this week, they happen. But the team has been competitive this season. Way to much overreaction and I suspect the reason is a polarizing coach who is easy to point fingers at. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Well said. I'm with you on this. This organization never forms any consistency of culture. They are constantly turning over coaches and FO people who then turn over the roster. Nothing ever gets seen to completion. 3 years should be the standard to let a vision come together from philosophy to roster. 

The problem I see is Raider fans convinced themselves they were going to the playoff because they went last year. Mind you, >50% of the teams don't make it back the next year. And the roster was not strong enough to expect them to. Not how they won last season and with their point deferential. 

Bad loss this week, they happen. But the team has been competitive this season. Way to much overreaction and I suspect the reason is a polarizing coach who is easy to point fingers at. 

Yes, sooner or later you have to let the FO see their plan through, or else all you’re going to see is a variety of ‘quick fixes’ with no sustainability. One thing Mark looked like he was prepared to do with Gruden, hopefully this FO gets time at least. We really have nothing to lose, it’s not as if we were Super Bowl contenders and we run the risk of tearing apart a Championship calibre team.

Sometimes you have to make incremental steps. I get that McDaniels has a cloud over him and guys are suspicious - I was at first and there is reason to doubt given his history. I also get that some teams, occasionally turn it around really fast also, which maybe gets people thinking it’s easy to turn around quickly and we should be g go ping places fast. I’d hoped for that too once the hires were made. With everything that went on last year in that crazy season it’s very difficult to objectively grade last years team. It was a total one off season for us with the crazy stuff we had, changing coaches, our WR killing someone, injuries, Covid affecting all teams and so on. I feel we deserved to go to the playoffs last year and we shouldn’t underestimate what the team did when backs to the wall but to use that season to try and logically predict this season is a fools errand. 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2022 at 6:23 AM, big_palooka said:

While I agree, there is a lot of football left to be played this season. 

Everyone is so impatient around here. Let the guy get healthy and get into his groove on offense. 

It's okay to critique him on the field. I get this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. What I find obnoxious is some of the vitriol thrown at him as if he won't rebound when he's to good a player not to.  

Agree to an extent, but impatience is warranted when our owner, HC, and team hype up our team to be an even deeper playoff contender (we made playoffs last year with basically the same roster minus a superstar WR), and we are sitting here now with one of the worst records in football. There are other 1st year coaches that have turned their teams from losers to winners this season. We have the same, if not better talent this year and are performing worse.

Waller just happens to be a channel for fans to voice their frustration through since when he's played he hasn't been the same. It makes most people think Waller is on the decline now after  dominance from him prior to last years injuries.

Based on what we did to get Adams, and updated contracts to Waller, Renfrow, Carr we are in a win now mode... but aren't playing like it outside of Jacobs and Adams.