Elijah Moore requests a trade

Abe56

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Who are you benching for Roquan?  Ain't happening.  Plus why trade a guys with 2 years of control for a guy looking to be the highest paid ILB.  Roquan doesn't make a ton of sense here right now.  Just draft one

In order to trade for him, they would have to get rid of CJ Mosley. As that is who he would be replacing and that isn't happening right now. 

Activate Mims and actually play him. Please don't give those outside WR snaps to Smith.

Besides that... I just think that Mims is a better for that role for us and our system right now(I'm also thinking about his blocking skills).... I think the sole reason Smith is activated each week over Mims is not bc of anything WR related, it's just ST related.

It also sets the tone that if you run your mouth on social media and such like Moore. You wont play. But Mims requested a trade and hasn't said a word since, but per reports has been working in practice. He just hasn't been activated bc of the roster numbers game. Activating and playing Mims shows if you do things the correct way. You will get rewarded with playing time. You do things the immature way, and you're not playing on Sunday's.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Activate Mims and actually play him. Please don't give those outside WR snaps to Smith.

Besides that... I just think that Mims is a better for that role for us and our system right now(I'm also thinking about his blocking skills).... I think the sole reason Smith is activated each week over Mims is not bc of anything WR related, it's just ST related.

It also sets the tone that if you run your mouth on social media and such like Moore. You wont play. But Mims requested a trade and hasn't said a word since, but per reports has been working in practice. He just hasn't been activated bc of the roster numbers game. Activating and playing Mims shows if you do things the correct way. You will get rewarded with playing time. You do things the immature way, and you're not playing on Sunday's.

That is exactly the reason, the 5th WR is a ST player. We aren't throwing much lately anyways.   Saleh said that Mims will play, that Moore will not play this week due to mental state. 

MIms should take those reps that Moore was taking, but the Jets are still going to favor Wilson and Davis who are better. Patrick Surtain is a elite CB, so they probably try not to throw towards him much. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think every teammate outside of Becton will side with the team on this one

Did you catch Becton's tweet that was quickly deleted?  "Two sides to every story".  What could possibly be Moore's side like honestly.  He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

You want to argue that MLF isn't using him correctly go for it.  It's obvious Wilson is the better player and they are using him in the slot where Zach prefers to target his WRs over the middle.  So now some are suggesting we put the lesser WR in the slot to use him more and instead use Wilson to run deep shots and take less targets?  Get you best players the ball (Right now they are Hall, Davis, Wilson). 

Even the best offense in football most recently couldn't sustain 3+ pass catchers KC.  At one point they had Hunt, Kelce, Hill.  The other pass catchers were hit and miss.  Even Brady with Gronk, Evans, Goodwin only gave Gronk 77 targets which Elijah is on pace for adjusting to a 16 games season.  

There really is no justification here, none.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Did you catch Becton's tweet that was quickly deleted?  "Two sides to every story".  What could possibly be Moore's side like honestly.  He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

You want to argue that MLF isn't using him correctly go for it.  It's obvious Wilson is the better player and they are using him in the slot where Zach prefers to target his WRs over the middle.  So now some are suggesting we put the lesser WR in the slot to use him more and instead use Wilson to run deep shots and take less targets?  Get you best players the ball (Right now they are Hall, Davis, Wilson). 

Even the best offense in football most recently couldn't sustain 3+ pass catchers KC.  At one point they had Hunt, Kelce, Hill.  The other pass catchers were hit and miss.  Even Brady with Gronk, Evans, Goodwin only gave Gronk 77 targets which Elijah is on pace for adjusting to a 16 games season.  

We will be better without that fat lazy slob and the little baby receiver. Both guys are Me first and lazy. Becton just punched his ticket out of here too with that tweet. This regime is all about culture. Finally have a GM who understands about asset management and how to get back value for players that don't fit in with this culture. 

Sadly the only way for this to get better is for Moore to have a LIFESTYLE change. And by that I mean he needs to change A LOT. You are who you associate yourself with. Clearly AJ Brown had a hand in this and Moore's personality. Jets Media (the YouTube channel) posted a picture of Moore hanging out with Adams and Maye this offseason. He needs to stop hanging out with guys with that Me 1st character. And I don't see that happening. When you start associating with guys who care about themselves more than the team, that personality becomes who you are. And that has already happened. You play the game the right way and you'll get your stats/money. Don't force it. Some guys don't understand this.

If he doesn't have a lifestyle change in who he's around and such. Whatever attitude we see from him the rest of the season and beyond is an act. And it'll be a matter of time before an incident like this happens again.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

That’s what I hate about Becton. He’s immature and even worse he’s a coward. 

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Saleh handled this great. 

Better than his injury reports LOL.  I didn't love the backtracking on the reasoning for him not playing.  Won't kill him for it but don't love it either.  I mean Reed lost his father an hour before the game week 1 or something crazy and played.  Using his mental state as an excuse and not just coming out and saying it was because of recent conduct seems a bit weak.  I get it though they are trying to mend fences or at least keep his trade value up.

26 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Better than his injury reports LOL.  I didn't love the backtracking on the reasoning for him not playing.  Won't kill him for it but don't love it either.  I mean Reed lost his father an hour before the game week 1 or something crazy and played.  Using his mental state as an excuse and not just coming out and saying it was because of recent conduct seems a bit weak.  I get it though they are trying to mend fences or at least keep his trade value up.

It is his mental state though, he would be a detriment to the team if he played. Saleh is trying to balance keeping the team focused and winning games, but also trying to get right with a young talented player and figure it out with him. I don't see the Jets giving in easily and just trading him, Elijah Moore has big upside and is very talented, he wants to be involved and get the ball more.  I think they will try to figure it out.