Elijah Moore requests a trade

Abe56

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Who are you benching for Roquan?  Ain't happening.  Plus why trade a guys with 2 years of control for a guy looking to be the highest paid ILB.  Roquan doesn't make a ton of sense here right now.  Just draft one

I’d bench them all lol. I’m not gonna turn down and upgrade. Just draft one is much easier said than done. 

• Like 1

It sucks this happened but this dude is Santonio Holmes. Holmes would pout and sulk after a WIN if he didnt get the ball but would be all smiles after 10 catches for 150 and a TD even though we lost by 20. He cant be on this team anymore and honestly neither can Becton. These are lazy me first guys you cant have in the room. Move on from both and well be better off. The way Moore handled this is unfixable. You now can't even trust him through adversity and hes pulling this while we are winning. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’d bench them all lol. I’m not gonna turn down and upgrade. Just draft one is much easier said than done. 

Well after this Moore situation on paper sure it's an upgrade but you have to consider locker room and culture as well.  As you said easier said than done.

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

It sucks this happened but this dude is Santonio Holmes. Holmes would pout and sulk after a WIN if he didnt get the ball but would be all smiles after 10 catches for 150 and a TD even though we lost by 20. He cant be on this team anymore and honestly neither can Becton. These are lazy me first guys you cant have in the room. Move on from both and well be better off. The way Moore handled this is unfixable. You now can't even trust him through adversity and hes pulling this while we are winning. 

With the way we've been drafting I always welcome more picks.  JD could turn them into studs.

If this also opens up a spot for Mims and we don't have to replace Moore with a rookie that's another plus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. Zach's job isn't to get certain guys the ball. His job is to go through his progressions and throw to who's open in the time frame he has with his protection. And Wilson making the right decisions for us is vastly more important than Moore getting touches (or any WR for that matter). 

And I totally agree about him being inactive. Teach him a lesson. You think you're bigger than the team? Then you wont be active for this team. Get your head right and you can be a starter for us. Until then... you wont be suiting up for us. Bc we have guys with the right mind set that can take your spot (keep in mind that we don't hurt too much without him. We'd likely move Wilson to the outside and work Berrios in the slot). So not a huge downgrade. Now I will agree that Moore should be in Wilson's spot and Moore at his. But there might be more to it than just that. Who knows. But regardless that's not something you take to social media and such about. You do it like a professional. And I guess the surprising thing for me is that I thought he was a guy that was a part of the culture change here in a positive way. But he showed his true colors 5 days ago. And it's going to take a lot for him to earn the respect of this fan base back.

The thing is is that JD wont trade him unless it's a ridiculous package. So where he might think he's requesting a trade and it will get granted. It's not that simple.

He's in over his head and his selfishness and immaturity is shining bright. Dude needs a wake up call.

Bolded is what really stands out to me - like, what position is Moore in to demand a trade lol. 

I think the dude is really talented and will find success in this league. I don't blame him for being frustrated, but demanding a trade 17 games into your career, amidst the most optimistic start to a season your team has had in over a decade? Sheesh. 

27 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Bolded is what really stands out to me - like, what position is Moore in to demand a trade lol. 

I think the dude is really talented and will find success in this league. I don't blame him for being frustrated, but demanding a trade 17 games into your career, amidst the most optimistic start to a season your team has had in over a decade? Sheesh. 

Awful advice from guys like Brown, Metcalf, etc. Those guys were coming up on the last year of there deals and had proven GREAT seasons. Moore isn’t proven.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

You want to argue that MLF isn't using him correctly go for it.  It's obvious Wilson is the better player and they are using him in the slot where Zach prefers to target his WRs over the middle.  So now some are suggesting we put the lesser WR in the slot to use him more and instead use Wilson to run deep shots and take less targets? 

You’re selling Moore’s talents a little short. He can and did play in the slot last year and did well. I agree that Wilson is the more talented of the two, but both could have been utilized avoiding this situation altogether. 

11 minutes ago, xrade said:

You’re selling Moore’s talents a little short. He can and did play in the slot last year and did well. I agree that Wilson is the more talented of the two, but both could have been utilized avoiding this situation altogether. 

His slot usage is nearly identical to last year.  It's his route tree that has changed more so than where he lines up.  Wilson hasn't really been lighting it up from the slot either so it's not like just by switching Moore inside all will be well.  

If there was a so called pecking order Moore right now has to be #3 as a WR and #4 overall behind Hall.  It's not his talent in question it's just that the others have been better.

Edited by Rockice_8

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If there was a so called pecking order Moore right now has to be #3 as a WR and #4 overall behind Hall.  It's not his talent in question it's just that the others have been better.

I dunno. I don’t think there would have been much of a drop off, if any and it may have avoided this.

Of course I say this without knowing if there is more to this story. 

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mims is a better fit for the vertical routes anyway. If Mims plays well he better not leave the active roster. 

I agree. But why did MLF not see this?  We say the most talented 3 WR should be on the field. That may not always be true. Moore may be more talented but perhaps not on the outside.  Would have killed the Jets to go with 6 WR one game?

His snap percentage in the slot and on the outside are very close to what they were last year. Difference is is we’re winning this year. So the game-plan is different. We aren’t just slinging the ball around bc we gave up 35 points and need to score a ton. Does a RB complain when they’re not getting touches when that’s going on? No bc that’s the game-plan and the team is bigger. But Moore just doesn’t get it. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's just poor asset management at that point. If you're gonna trade Moore, trade him for a draft pick and have some flexibility instead of having to bench a good player for 11 games.