Elijah Moore requests a trade

Abe56

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

Has nothing to do with his agent. My response was directed towards the fact that his agent represents the player. As such, the agent, if he is doing what he is hired to do, is to get the best deal for his client. If his agent is telling Moore he should whine like a little ***** so he can get stats and get paid, that is his job. It is up to Moore to follow that advice or not.

The point is that this crap is all on Moore.

But his agent has no control over the trade. We decide to grant his wish. We can send him to HOU or CAR or something. He’s not guaranteed a better situation by requesting a trade. It’s not like he has a no trade clause. 

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But his agent has no control over the trade. We decide to grant his wish. We can send him to HOU or CAR or something. He’s not guaranteed a better situation by requesting a trade. It’s not like he has a no trade clause. 

If Moore told his agent he wants out. Should the agent not try to do that?

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

Or did he call his agent and his agent told him the best move is for them to request a trade. We’ll probably never know.

And an agents job is also to be logical. Doesn’t take a genius to know the Jets weren’t going to grant his trade request. Know that he’s a 2nd year player with 2.5yrs still of a contract left. No big season to play hardball with. Etc.

I think Moore is a good WR, but I'm not stressed about keeping him. There are guys like JSN, Hyatt, and some good potential FAs I really like. I think he'll eventually realize how bad he looks, but I say we should keep an open mind to the idea of trading him. 

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Or did he call his agent and his agent told him the best move is for them to request a trade. We’ll probably never know.

And an agents job is also to be logical. Doesn’t take a genius to know the Jets weren’t going to grant his trade request. Know that he’s a 2nd year player with 2.5yrs still of a contract left. No big season to play hardball with. Etc.

I agree on the logical part, although if his agent said to whine, it would be bad advice. That is why I don’t think his agent ever said to do what Moore is doing. I think it is all on Moore and his agent is just doing what is being asked of him.

Regardless, his agent is not necessarily part of the problem. He is just doing what is being asked of him by his client. In other words, his job. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

The agent, likely, informed him the lack of targets/production will impact his next contract. I remember a DL said one time that sacks get him paid, not pressured, TFL or anything else. 

Moore likely knows the way the current team is set up he won’t be seeing DK/AJ money.

16 hours ago, xrade said:

I agree on the logical part, although if his agent said to whine, it would be bad advice. That is why I don’t think his agent ever said to do what Moore is doing. I think it is all on Moore and his agent is just doing what is being asked of him.

Regardless, his agent is not necessarily part of the problem. He is just doing what is being asked of him by his client. In other words, his job. 

So after seeing Deebo and AJ Brown request trades, you still really think that this was all Moore's doing and his agent wasn't whispering in his ear at all? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

So after seeing Deebo and AJ Brown request trades, you still really think that this was all Moore's doing and his agent wasn't whispering in his ear at all? 

Even if he was, that is the agents job.  Lets look at a similar non-football case.  A defense attorney must defend a person of child sexual assault.  A truly disgusting crime.  The attorney may despise the person he must defend yet he must defend them to the best of his abilities.  Otherwise he is not doing his job.

I certainly went over the edge on that similarity, but the point is Moore's agent is supposed to do what is necessary in order to get Moore the best possible contract.  It is up to Moore to take that advice or not.  Blaming the agent is diminishing Moore's antics by providing an excuse.  There is no excuse for Moore's actions.  It is all on Moore.

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

Even if he was, that is the agents job.  Lets look at a similar non-football case.  A defense attorney must defend a person of child sexual assault.  A truly disgusting crime.  The attorney may despise the person he must defend yet he must defend them to the best of his abilities.  Otherwise he is not doing his job.

I certainly went over the edge on that similarity, but the point is Moore's agent is supposed to do what is necessary in order to get Moore the best possible contract.  It is up to Moore to take that advice or not.  Blaming the agent is diminishing Moore's antics by providing an excuse.  There is no excuse for Moore's actions.  It is all on Moore.

Awful example bc in the disgusting case you're bringing up. The guilty person has already done the crime and legally has to be given a lawyer. And that lawyer does have to defend him to the best of their ability even if the person is 100% guilty.

The part that is missing in that analogy is that Moore went to his agent, and with them talking decided to request a trade. So they decided that together. A sexual assault person didn't discuss before the assault with a lawyer how he wanted to assault a child.

You savy?

Well now they have no choice but to put Moore in the starting lineup. You are probably going with Wilson and Moore on the outside and Berrios in the slot. The 4 WR will probably be Smith becasue Mims showed nothing as usual. He did have a nice block. So I guess on most run plays have Mims out there. 

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well now they have no choice but to put Moore in the starting lineup. You are probably going with Wilson and Moore on the outside and Berrios in the slot. The 4 WR will probably be Smith becasue Mims showed nothing as usual. He did have a nice block. So I guess on most run plays have Mims out there. 

Mims block sprung Hall for the TD. I just think it's hard to break in when the QB rarely has time in the pocket which causes inaccurate hard to catch passes. Stack that with a lack of reps and it makes it hard to build chemistry and timing.

23 hours ago, xrade said:

22 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Awful example bc in the disgusting case you're bringing up. The guilty person has already done the crime and legally has to be given a lawyer. And that lawyer does have to defend him to the best of their ability even if the person is 100% guilty.

The part that is missing in that analogy is that Moore went to his agent, and with them talking decided to request a trade. So they decided that together. A sexual assault person didn't discuss before the assault with a lawyer how he wanted to assault a child.

You savy?

Thank you. Together is the key word here. I'm not excusing Elijah at all, but having that specific agent who also happens to represent his good buddy AJ Brown has got to add fuel to the fire.