Elijah Moore requests a trade

Abe56

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Looking back on this, if Moore does his job this isnt an INT. Lazy. 

I've been saying for a hot minute now that if the ball isn't coming his way, he runs his routes half ***. 

You know who had this guy pegged out for what he is? Mike T. Had him ranked as the 89th overall prospect coming out, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he was so low at the time. I thought these habits could be coached out of a guy, but I guess not.

For me LB isn’t a need for us to trade in essence a 1st for. I’d rather the pick tbh. But I think Moore is going nowhere. And will be forced to try and fit in. If he can’t change his attitude before next season. That’s when a trade could happen. And even then. I expect JD to want something incredible in return.

The part that’s isn’t getting talked about in this is that with part of changing the culture of a team. That means you have more quality guys on the roster. Did any of our own call out Adams during his crap? No. But I feel like we do now. Moore won’t go back into our locker room with nothing said to him. You better believe that. And I’d guess if it isn’t a group convo… it’s multiple talks by individuals. Where he knows he has no choice but to adapt to being a team player.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For me LB isn’t a need for us to trade in essence a 1st for. I’d rather the pick tbh. But I think Moore is going nowhere. And will be forced to try and fit in. If he can’t change his attitude before next season. That’s when a trade could happen. And even then. I expect JD to want something incredible in return.

The part that’s isn’t getting talked about in this is that with part of changing the culture of a team. That means you have more quality guys on the roster. Did any of our own call out Adams during his crap? No. But I feel like we do now. Moore won’t go back into our locker room with nothing said to him. You better believe that. And I’d guess if it isn’t a group convo… it’s multiple talks by individuals. Where he knows he has no choice but to adapt to being a team player.

If the 49ers offered Fred Warner for Moore you wouldn’t do it? Shaq Leonard for Moore you wouldn’t do it?

I’d pack his bags for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jetjuice said:

I've been saying for a hot minute now that if the ball isn't coming his way, he runs his routes half ***. 

You know who had this guy pegged out for what he is? Mike T. Had him ranked as the 89th overall prospect coming out, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he was so low at the time. I thought these habits could be coached out of a guy, but I guess not.

My question is, if he's been dogging routes for multiple games, why have the coaches been continuing to give him snaps and touches. This situation should have been clamped down on much sooner..Mims had a good camp and when he finally got PT in the  3rd preseason game. Reports are that he's been showing up every day and putting up good effort while staying quiet. I

If Moore's been an issue for multiple weeks as is being stated it's completely on coaching for failing to make a change before this blew all the way up.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

My question is, if he's been dogging routes for multiple games, why have the coaches been continuing to give him snaps and touches. This situation should have been clamped down on much sooner..Mims had a good camp and when he finally got PT in the  3rd preseason game. Reports are that he's been showing up every day and putting up good effort while staying quiet. I

If Moore's been an issue for multiple weeks as is being stated it's completely on coaching for failing to make a change before this blew all the way up.

The coaching staff has good equity for the most part with the fans and media. Previous coaches would be criticized for this type of thing.

Bowles had guys showing up late and missing meetings. Gase had the Adams fiasco. Both were heavily critiqued by the media and public but in the end those players proved to be malcontents or selfish guys or both. 

What this really comes down to is the fact that we’re winning. If we were 1-5 and Moore was frustrated by his lack of targets the public/media could understand because his lack of productivity would be part of why we’re losing. But how can anyone be mad at Saleh/MLF right now when the team is 4-2 and won 3 straight. 

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If the 49ers offered Fred Warner for Moore you wouldn’t do it? Shaq Leonard for Moore you wouldn’t do it?

I’d pack his bags for him. 

I mean we aren’t getting either of them for Moore. So not worth debating really. My point mainly is, is LB isn’t a huge need for us. We have 3 good ones. I’d rather see us trade him if we do for a 1st round pick to continue this youth movement. Or trade him for a position we need more than LB. OL and FS come to mind.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean we aren’t getting either of them for Moore. So not worth debating really. My point mainly is, is LB isn’t a huge need for us. We have 3 good ones. I’d rather see us trade him if we do for a 1st round pick to continue this youth movement. Or trade him for a position we need more than LB. OL and FS come to mind.

Linebacker, Safety and OL can all use upgrades from multiple aspects. Whether it’s age, performance or future needs we need some guys there. I think guys are under selling how important LB is in this scheme and how impactful a great one can be. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Linebacker, Safety and OL can all use upgrades from multiple aspects. Whether it’s age, performance or future needs we need some guys there. I think guys are under selling how important LB is in this scheme and how impactful a great one can be. 

I see ya resigning Kwon. And Mosley and Quincy are under contract next year still. So I just don’t see it as a glaring need. Maybe a mid rounder as dowry and to develop and work in. But certainly not trading for or drafting high IMO. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yes.  Kwon doesn't have a long shelf life places, even Saleh said coaches noticed he didn't take care of himself.  Maybe that's changed.  Mosley isn't a great fit and who knows how much longer he has between age/fit/contract. Quincy is a flashy player who is far from perfect.  Unless they feel Sherwood is ready next year, it should be high on the list.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes.  Kwon doesn't have a long shelf life places, even Saleh said coaches noticed he didn't take care of himself.  Maybe that's changed.  Mosley isn't a great fit and who knows how much longer he has between age/fit/contract. Quincy is a flashy player who is far from perfect.  Unless they feel Sherwood is ready next year, it should be high on the list.

Mosley restructured so he’s a Jet next year. He’s no longer cuttable. Quincy will still be here. And I believe Kwon is sold on the culture here. He’s a great player. Hes just always injured. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mosley restructured so he’s a Jet next year. He’s no longer cuttable. Quincy will still be here. And I believe Kwon is sold on the culture here. He’s a great player. Hes just always injured. 

His contract really is horrendous. Hes a high character player but nowhere near worth what he makes and we continue to make the deal worse somehow.