Jets acquire RB James Robinson

KhanYouDigIt

I love JRob, was all for even extending him long term up until the injury last year. But the team wasn’t going to be allocating money to a second fiddle behind ETN who has been on another level the last few weeks. Sure it’d be safe to have the depth, but as KYDI said, this team just isn’t a run centric team and barring injury he was likely going to see 5-8 carries at most on any given week.

As a team who is likely not making a run (this is my view, I have no idea how the FO/Doug views things) I don’t see why you’d hold onto someone with such a small role who would be out at seasons end rather than get a likely 5th round pick and allow you more resources to move around in the draft. 

We were all assuming this was on the cusp after the game yesterday. We barely saw him and his role has shrinked more and more as ETN has ascended.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I love JRob, was all for even extending him long term up until the injury last year. But the team wasn’t going to be allocating money to a second fiddle behind ETN who has been on another level the last few weeks. Sure it’d be safe to have the depth, but as KYDI said, this team just isn’t a run centric team and barring injury he was likely going to see 5-8 carries at most on any given week.

As a team who is likely not making a run (this is my view, I have no idea what the FO/Doug views things) I don’t see why you’d hold onto someone with such a small role who would be out at seasons end rather than get a likely 5th round pick and allow you more resources to move around in the draft.

We were all assuming this was on the cusp after the game yesterday. We barely saw him and his role has shrieked more and more as ETN has ascended.

I forgot that Robinson had that achilles tear, pretty impressive to return that fast. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I forgot that Robinson had that achilles tear, pretty impressive to return that fast. 

Insanely hard worker. Legitimately everything you could want in a player I feel like.

I hope he can get back to his pre-injury form eventually. He doesn’t have that final gear to break those 60-70 yard runs but when fully healthy he’s been one of the best backs in the league after that elite tier of Henry and co. imo. Just never got the publicity due to the UDFA status/playing for an irrelevant small market team.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Insanely hard worker. Legitimately everything you could want in a player I feel like.

I hope he can get back to his pre-injury form eventually. He doesn’t have that final gear to break those 60-70 yard runs but when fully healthy he’s been one of the best backs in the league after that elite tier of Henry and co. imo. Just never got the publicity due to the UDFA status/playing for an irrelevant small market team.

Well I'm sure he still is better than Ty Johnson.  Michael Carter gonna be RB1 for us. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Well I'm sure he still is better than Ty Johnson.  Michael Carter gonna be RB1 for us. 

I don’t foresee you guys being disappointed. As I said, he hasn’t been vintage JRob but he should fill the role you need him for well.

I like the aggressiveness to strike while the irons hot at 5-2. 

No downside for the Jets here. As some of the Jags fans have pointed out it’s not like we are trading for a prime Walter Payton but James Robinson can be a solid back and a good 1-2 punch with Michael Carter. 

The is a case of a win-win for both teams.

The jags get another draft pick for a player who won’t get that many touches and have replaced with their star 1st rounder from last year.

We are able to use a draft pick that can help us now after the hot start we’ve made. 

The Jets and Jags have been linked since they drafted qbs back to back in 2021. It’s interesting to see how both teams do as they were both in big time rebuilds.

Because of the nature of the Jets last gaps wins and some of the late losses Jacksonville had this could easily of been roles reversed and the jets looking to recoup a draft pick and the Jags going for it now. 

The NFL is such a fine line that you have to strike while the iron is hot. 

11 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

The Jags play in the AFC South. Giving up on the season now seems a bit ridiculous. Doug needs to fix the losing culture there, and giving up on a season where you're still in range of first place of your division(and not even that far out of wild card contention given this weird AFC) don't seem to be the way to start that.

I agree with you.   Jags have been in every game and could easily turn things around if they start winning these close games.  Why trade a really good back for next to nothing,  especially to a team they still have to play.  Not a fan if this move.

Perfect replacement really.  Nowhere near the same player as Hall but tough runner between the tackles which Carter is not so they compliment each other well.  Actually really solid in pass protection from what I hear and doesn't have stone hands either so he's not limited to a specific role.  Seems like a good fit for the blocking scheme the Jets run as well.  If he can average 4.5 ypc behind a pretty poor jags line he's got to be doing something right. 

If the Jets can just get the OL back on track with some guys getting healthy they should be fine with not a huge drop off despite losing their two best offensive players.

14 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

why do the Jags hate Robinson so much?

going from a nobody udfa to a guy that has balled when he got the chance , just seems weird to me to give up on him so quickly

and for pennies too smh

Took RB in 1st round last year

Tore Achilles end of last season

Traded up in 5th round for RB this year.

Lost a step and touches to ETN

ETN better

We don’t run the ball enough.

RFA at end of the season.

Get pick for a guy who wouldn’t have been back at end of the season.

there ya go

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Took RB in 1st round last year

Tore Achilles end of last season

Traded up in 5th round for RB this year.

Lost a step and touches to ETN

ETN better

We don’t run the ball enough.

RFA at end of the season.

Get pick for a guy who wouldn’t have been back at end of the season.

there ya go

i understand the logic

just seems odd since the guy is still so young, you could give him a modest contract to return

especially since youve already seen him work his *** off a) just to get on the field at all and b) been pretty productive at that

those are the types of guys you keep imo

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

why do the Jags hate Robinson so much?

going from a nobody udfa to a guy that has balled when he got the chance , just seems weird to me to give up on him so quickly

and for pennies too smh

i dont understand it either.   

Robinson was the more Natural RB.  

Ettiene is faster and more of a hybrid and that might play a smaller role in it but dude has Ball Security problems(3 fumbles in 82 touches).  

other then him being a RFA at the end of the year where u could have probably kept for a year(or trade him) u decided to trade him for likely a guy Baalke will end up cutting in a year(baalke jags havent really kept their day 3 guys). 

• Like 1