Jets acquire RB James Robinson

KhanYouDigIt

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Lol

Gonna miss JRob. Was clear it was ETN’s backfield the last couple weeks though. We weren’t paying him at seasons end.

This kind of feels like a favor to Robinson to be honest. 

I mean, the Jags could have just sat on Robinson and still given the backfield over to Etienne. He'd still be an excellent backup RB. Nothing he could really do about it. Now the Jags get a little something, Robinson gets to play, Jets get to help the roster. 

Just now, Forge said:

This kind of feels like a favor to Robinson to be honest. 

I mean, the Jags could have just sat on Robinson and still given the backfield over to Etienne. He'd still be an excellent backup RB. Nothing he could really do about it. Now the Jags get a little something, Robinson gets to play, Jets get to help the roster. 

That’s what I mean though. No real reason to keep him when we’re 2-5 and a run isn’t realistic. Keep sticking draft picks for a player who was out in 10 games.

The more things change in Jacksonville, the more the incompetence remains the same I guess. Trading a useful player for an almost always useless draft pick.

Even more puzzling considering Etienne is only a year removed from a significant foot injury. Trading very quality depth away in that situation for a pick that's likely to net you nothing is certainly a move.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

The more things change in Jacksonville, the more the incompetence remains the same I guess. Trading a useful player for an almost always useless draft pick.

Even more puzzling considering Etienne is only a year removed from a significant foot injury. Trading very quality depth away in that situation for a pick that's likely to net you nothing is certainly a move.

Robinson is in a walk year and almost certainly will not be retained, they're 2-5.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lol

Gonna miss JRob. Was clear it was ETN’s backfield the last couple weeks though. We weren’t paying him at seasons end.

It's not about fleecing the Jags. It's about getting a quality player in a position of need for a very good price. JD has been money the last two seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

ETN is better and J-Rob was gone after the last 10 games. Why not get a pick for a backup that’s gone after the year? It’s good business. We don’t run the ball 40 times a game like the Titans.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

That’s what I mean though. No real reason to keep him when we’re 2-5 and a run isn’t realistic. Keep sticking draft picks for a player who was out in 10 games.

The Jags play in the AFC South. Giving up on the season now seems a bit ridiculous. Doug needs to fix the losing culture there, and giving up on a season where you're still in range of first place of your division(and not even that far out of wild card contention given this weird AFC) don't seem to be the way to start that.

• Like 1